Anyone else have back of neck/side of neck stiffness/swelling?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had chronic severe sinusitis for a couple years now and now am bedridden from it from being too weak and toxic feeling. Anyway, Most of my infection is on the left side and I have swelling on the left side of my neck and swelling/stiffness on the back of my neck too. ENT's say it's not relies but I don't believe it...

Anyone else experience this??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Did ENT give you any ciprofloxican or levoquin antibiotics that could have contributed to this feeling you described ?
    • Posted

No. I was given a script of levoquin but never took it after researching horror stories about it.
  • Posted

It appears you may be suffering from two infections at once.

I had chronic sinusitis for 50 years and found dramatic relief from Evening Primrose Oil, one capsule daily.

You may not be completely cured with this treatment, but you will get some relief. Please read my post Sinus Infection -An Effective Treatment.

Best wishes for relief from your problems.

Ray

• Posted

Hello and I wish this nightmare would go away for both of us and anyone else suffering from this condition. 

Im having trouble in my neck on both sides and in the back of the neck also. Sides of face is hurting as well. This has been going on for about a Month. But it's been brewing a lot longer than that. I had a root canal in March 2015! It didn't take/work so two months later I got round two on tooth # 11a.k.a. Canine tooth or eye tooth. No luck with round two. Should of given up then but spilled milk is well you know. Third time is a charm I thought. Wrong! My eye and cheek swelled up pretty bad. Had an e.r. Trip on thanksgiving night. Lanced the abscess  and told return in the a.m. To get it pulled out. Did and went through the precriptions like directed. Thought every thing was hunky dory. Started getting real thick clear mucus and still didn't think of the tooth thing. The gp doctor and I went through test after test. Had the MRI and it said that my left cheek is loaded with mucus. I just to some amoxicillin and it made me feel better for one day. But The scary thing is my sternum is hurting along with my lymph nodes in my neck, shoulders, arms , and under arms. Any one can you please help me with some suggestions of what I need to tell the doctor? What I mean is what type of antibiotics and how strong.

• Posted

Hello, I am recently experiencing much of the same syptoms. I went to the dr. with pain on left side of my neck, back of neck pain in my cheek bone and around front of my ear ...not inside! My ears ring very loudly, frequently lightheaded and brain fog with anxiety as well. I feel like I'm going crazy sometime!! I have nose sinus congestion at all or ear infection! He gave me an eardop and atibiotic because he said my membranes in left ear were swollen. I took the eardrops and antibiotic for full duration and no change! So I just don't understand. Have you gotten any answers?? Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.