anyone else have these symptons

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all just wondering does anyone else suffer these symptons from migraine.ive noticed a weekness in the back of my neck and sometimes i feel generally unsteady.i also do feel a bit fluffy headed and not really with it while i have a migraine.i usually just take migraleve as i find they dont make my stomach sick that and plenty of bed rest is all that i can tolerate for days or weeks when its a bad attack

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Those can be very typical migraine symptoms. I have the hemiplegic migraines and they look like a stroke complete with difficult talking and my left-sided numbness and tingling and my legs actually get to the point where I cannot walk. I found a free app download called migraine buddy and that has really helped me be aware of auras that happened two to three days prior to my migraine. The more aware I am the earlier I can take something. I'm not saying it's healthy but often times if I'm having early symptoms my stomach's feeling unsettled and my mind is not clear I drink Coca Cola. It always settles my stomach and clears my head, oftentimes warding off a migraine. I hope this helps. Many of us keep a journal to look for triggers.

• Posted

I do think its when u take so many painkillers thats when my stomach starts to be sick and i will vomit which an odd time that does somehow shift my migraine if im lucky.i hate the unsteady feeling and also find i have become terribe withe the slightest bit of heights.dont know if its all a combination of symptoms or what

• Posted

Hi Fiona,

Ugh...I hate migraines...

Fortunately, mt migraine responds well to oxycodone...

when migraine hits me, it is always above an eye...I have moments to take 5 mg oxycodone (dry if necessary), get into a dark, silent room, cover my head and mantra...breath in, breathe out.

If I have any delay (I have laid on a closet floor in the office) recovery will lag and I will become sick to my stomach.

Went out once to downtown Chicago for Food Fest and had to travel all the way home led by a good friend...learned the lesson always be prepared. We left out handbags ay home so that they could not be stolen in the mass of humanity.

I can not fathom how you are able to tolerate days much less weeks.

May the good Lord bless you

judith

• Posted

Worse possible thing and made even worse when doctors dont seem bothered.so i just do what i know works best for me because anything else ive tried i had no great improvements from.i hate the lingering tiredness and that fluffy head feeling.arrrrgggggghhhhhh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.