Anyone else suffering when having baths

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had post viral fatigue approx 14 weeks some days can hardly move from sofa to kitchen but last few days could manage to move around house although breathless this morning I thought would have bath as generally it's v quick shower. I got stuck in bath no energy at all to get out water wasn't too hot window was open no strong smelling bubble bath only in there twelve mins when got out had to lie on bed for hours since then kettle too heavy to lift wobbly lead legs fizzing under feet and feel so unwell

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry, Royal. I know because that is how I was in the beginning months. If it helps any, there is hope for better days.  I am much better and almost never have a day that bad. But in the beginning, that is how I lived.  I know that you have been on here for a while so you have read that you have to be easy on yourself and allow your body to rest.  Try to tell yourself that this isn't forever, but for right now your body needs you to be very gentle to it and to treat it well.  Can someone give you support and help you to get nutritious food?  Has the doc offered any help?  Once I finally found docs that could actually help, they did two things that really helped; B12 shots and thyroid supplement.  I beleive cutting out sugar was really important in my case.  I think time was needful with supplements like CQ10 helped.  But I'm so sorry for the suffering you endure now.  Are you sleeping well?

• Posted

Glad to read the B12 helped as this may be connected to both CFS and thyroid issues.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Dawn yes I am eating nutritious food I am having a bit of a hard time though trying to drop the sugar. No my drs the two I've seen aren't that helpful I've had all blood tests come back normal range apart from esr level which showed elevated levels I don't take any supplements due to my autoimmune liver disease

• Posted

Royalty,

So sorry that you can't take supplements. I realize that your bloodwork shows up as normal (so did mine at first), but the thyroid supplement still made a difference for me, so I will mention that  beets and chard are two of the vegetables that are especially good for the thyroid.

• Posted

I have an underactive thyroid an had blood testing done for that nurse said it was normal level but I will definately try chard I've never had that but I eat beets quite a lot thankyou 

• Posted

In answer to your basic question since my other response didn't address it, I'm not much help because I really don't take baths very often.  However, I haven't notice this problem when I have taken baths.

• Posted

Hello there,

Yes,  I can say that I have also been stuck in the bath, unable to get out.

It is scary when this happens.  Yes I also have to go straight to bed and lie down.  Probem is you dont get refreshed while lying down.You just have to weather the storm. Take care.

• Posted

Yes I def found this I'm on second day now after that episode and still shaky but going to rest feel I've gone back to square oñe again

• Posted

Ditto to lots tha has been siad before me.  Also, pump up the protein and crusiferous veggies at least twice a day. Take it easy!
    • Posted

Dee, why crusiferous veggies?  I just had someone tell me that although crusiferous vegetables are healthy, they are bad for our thyroid.    The person I talked to got the info from their nat doc  They had a list of veggies to eat instead which included beets and celery.  This info helped them and their daughter alot.  Does this ring a bell with you or with anyone else?
    • Posted

because they are nutrient dence and chew a long time, making every little vita-yum obsorbs into the blood stream. Everyone has a differnt opinion on what foodsmean, these are only mine and I am sure others might disagree, but I beleive food is our medicine and it needs to be our first choice of medicne, rather then pills.  In The US, they have distroyed many crops with things like GMO's and RoundUp.  The pesticides are atrocious and I beleive they are what is making autoimmune diseases to be on the rise. So I try hard to eat foods with fewer pesticides.  Kale, chard, broccolli. 

I was very ill, I got a ND, she guieded me into eating differntly. I am doing SOO much better.  I have many diseases, I would hav been dead if I'd kept eating the way I was. I no longer eat gluten or processed foods. Not even the glutne free ones (except on rare occasions). 

• Posted

What you describe is common for ME/CFS. Take it very easy and try not to push yourself too much. You've had this illness a relatively short time, so the good news is, what you do now can affect the trajectory of the illness. Pace yourself, get plenty of rest, and de-stress in whatever way you can. People can get better. I pushed early on and am paying the price now, many years later.

• Posted

thankyou jackie I always in the back of my mind was in denial and thought I'm sure I can push through this I'm finding out the hard way I just can't such a frustrating illness 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.