anyone ever have conjunctivochalasis and did surgery help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Conjunctivochalasis is where you have too much skin in your conjunctiva and it becomes wrinkled. It can lead to irritation of eyelids, watering and to dry eye. Feels like a foreign body sensation is in your eye and convential dry eye treatment dont work because the wrinkled skin cause tears to move away from the eye. Again did anyone have this. And did surgery work.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is the conjunctiva the whites of the eye?
    • Posted

Just below it. Underneath the eyelid. I have constant tearing wrinkled white of my eye. It is

Like my entire lower lash line

Is constantly covered in dried up tears can hear water squishing when i blink. It is weird. Look up conjunctivochalasis it is real. Im suffering right now. Plus i have eye irritation. Like i said no money to fight this. The hits just keep on coming.

• Posted

Oh gosh that sounds awful. I am sooo sorry you are going through so much. I have like 3 issues with my eyes. Makes life a nightmare at times. Xx
    • Posted

It can mirror blepharitis dry eye and meibomian gland disease. What are you issues. I hope you find relief because now my mind is on overdrive. Dont know where to turn or who to go for help. Worried about corneal abrasions and the like. I dont sleep at all.

• Posted

Well, i have bad eye floaters,i have what is called a erm,it essentially a cellophane like membrane on my macula caused by something called a pvd. I have mgd/blepharitis, dry eye and get this possibly the start of cataracts. Then my eye doctor just makes light of it and tells me my eyes arent as bad as alot of peoples and to forget about the blurry vision etc. Ha,I'd like to see him try it.

• Posted

I know about the overdrive feeling. This consumes my life, ive stopped doing so many things and no one in my family understands as my eyes for the most part look normal most days.
    • Posted

Bad thing to say to a patient. I worry about corneal erosion vecabuse im weak and cannot take pain. Asked god to let me go numerous times.
    • Posted

Dont give up,there is always a new day and with it hope. Ive felt low lately also,ive never had depression but feel it alot of days lately. I also have bad anxiety which I had in control. Now feeling so much anxiety Im scared panic attacks will start. I used to get them. We just have to keep on keepin on and hope we get better. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.