Anyone ever tried medical marijuana for relief of HFS ?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone on this forum tried the medical marijuana route through your doctor?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes i have the drug can throw up futher problems of mental health and binge eating and should not be used if emosianaly in a bad area it has limited usefullness as a solusion to the ailment.
  • Posted

Good to know and thanx for sharing! I guess it benifits those who might have more serious health conditions such as cancer.I just was wondering because they do sometimes prescribe it for parkinsons patients or people who have epilepsy.
  • Posted

I was in cronic pain due to nuropitha to the feet and hands like any high dose drug it worked for a pierods of great pain i chose to stop it due to side afects it gave me i cant say that would happen to the next person who might get along with the drug.
  • Posted

Hi Lilith I have been suffering with HFS since August, 2013.  The only thing that has been recommended to me is botox, but I am seriously considering marijuana for relief if I could find it as they say that it relaxes the nerve.
  • Posted

I have taken to drinking red wine with my lunch, and funnily enough it sems to help. My spasms are a switch on, switch off situation.  I had constant spasms last Friday and Saturday, and hardly any on Sunday, Monday. That is why am not so keen on going for botox yet. But every person is an individual and I dont know if mine are different to other patients.
  • Posted

Interesting. Red wine works for me too. just one glass. Must be the relaxing effect but it does work. I have had HSF from an acoustic neuroma for about 18 months; mostly when I smile or laugh. I have heard a little about liquid cannabi that has such a low thc content that it is supposed to be being tried for children with elipepsy but might have an application for Hfs. Have either of you heard of this.
  • Posted

We do our own red wine and I take it with my lunch as well. I have not heard of liquid canabi but if it works, believe me I would'nt mind giving it a try, as my spasms where quite constant all day long.
  • Posted

Hi Lilith, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to reply anyway. I have severe HFS and am scheduled for Microvascular Decompression on 11/25. The surgeon believes the procedure will stop the spasms
  • Posted

I've noticed that cannabis high in CBD really helps my spasms. I've tried going half hour to an hour spasm free after smoking really good strains high in CBD. I'm scheduled for microsvascular decompression two weeks from now so hopefully that should address the problem for good.
  • Posted

Yes I have tried CBD:THC combo in a ratio of 18:1 with total daily BCD dose of 18mg and spread out 3x daily thru sublingual sprays and my spasms went down a lot. Hope this help.
  • Posted

Yeah, they help but they are only act as a remedy and not a cure. MVD will fix the problem. It's been 10 months since surgery and I have been blessed with a wonderful recovery. I did have a bit of palsy a week after surgery but that gradually went away in a couple of weeks. Good luck! Stay positive and keep smiling!

• Posted

I had Microvascular decompression surgery for hemifacial spasms on July 26, 2016 at UPMC in Pittsburgh PA by Dr Ray Sekula. Although immediately after surgery and while in hospital, my spasms seemed to be gone, within a month my eye started the twitching and blinking as intense as b4 surgery. My face is not near as bad and tightens up into a spasm about once per day so that's a plus. The issue I am having now us with a nerve on the surgery side of my head. It is so tender I cannot run a comb over that area of my head, if the wind blows, that part of my head feels like it's on fire. I take straight oxycodone 5 prescribed every 4 hours but need them every 3. I am also on Neurontin which is supposed to reduce the inflammation in the nerve and therefore decrease pain. Don't think it's doing much. My neurosurgeon told me they probably stretched the nerve during surgery. He is two hours away so he told me to go to a pain and rehab facility down here close to Canton OH where I live. So in essence, I still have the blinking that lost me my mgmt job and now I have pain I DIDNT have before MVD surgery. I must be the 1% with bad luck, most people do really well. Good luck to bith of you with your MVD for HMS!

• Posted

HI Lilith, maybe you can try our Products, Natureight offers a wide range of food supplements which combine the virtues of CBD and those of numerous plants used for thousands of years in traditional and ancestral medicine. 

The Caps range of products was designed for targeted problems thanks to the combination of several plant extracts and a 10-mg concentration of CBD per capsule.

The Elixirs range of products offers CBD oils, which combine numerous properties that can contribute to maintain the balance of the body by mitigating its weaknesses.

You can see the benefits here: 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

A month ago I tried the liquid under my tongue. It didn’t help. Now the expensive bottle sits in the medicine caninet. 
    • Posted

Hi i barely started to have HFS us syarted one night in june the again in july then another episode last Saturday, I'm new to all this. Whats the best way to treat this HFS? And am i going to start having them all day? Please help me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.