Anyone feel pain in their hips when lightning hits nearby?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This may sound crazy but I was driving home from dinner with my wife the other day when lightning hit within a mile or so of the right side of my vehicle.  Whether it was a coincidence or not, I just happened to get a shooting pain in my right hip, which was replaced in February.  Not 15 seconds later, another lightning hit to the left side of the vehicle, and a similar pain at the exact moment in my left hip, replaced the end of July.  I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything like that.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eric I think its a coincidence, you were insulated by the rubber tyres, now...I have been in my car and it was struck by lightening in South Africa, it sparkled down from the sky and lit a bright blue band 2 inches thick around the car,   eek eek  and we were both fine, quite a shock, but we felt nothing and lived to tell the tale....

Hope you are not too shocked....Hmmmmm Pun Intended....Ian.  cool

• Posted

Hi Eric, 

Very interesting observation ... Personally, I wouldn't be surprised that lightning close by has an effect on the hardware ...  there are so many people who get aches etc ehen rain is in the forecast after they had major surgery ....

I will pay attention to it now that you have mentioned it ...

Hope you are doing well otherwise 

big hug

renee

• Posted

Hells teeth! I hope not!!  I know the airport things set off the wires in my bra!

alice

• Posted

Don't know about the lightening, but I have a friend with a pin in her leg that aches before it rains
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies.  Must have been a coincidence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.