Anyone feeling burning and tightening in the front of foot after ankle surgery?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I missed a step in basement and broke my fibula. I had surgery and got a plate and 3 screws. I have been getting these foot cramps in my toes and foot. The pain is unbearable and this is going on 6 weeks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm confused.  Did you have surgery 6 weeks ago and are getting foot and toe cramps since then or you have recovered from a broken fibula but now, for some unknown reason, have had these cramps for 6 week and wonder if it is related?  If you are still recovering I would check with my doctor.  If this is new I would also check with my doctor or try some OTC natural remedy for muscle cramps first. For example, some magnesium citrate.  Be careful and start with smaller amounts than called for and/or divide into 2 or 3 "servings".  Too much can have you loving the toilet.  I used the raspberry-lemon flavor and mixed it with lemonaide.  You can also try stretching exercises for your feet and toes.  I had cramps various places but they were very strange in my big toe.  I would be sitting in a recliner with my feet up and all of a sudden my big toe, just the toe, would bend forward like it wanted to fold itself under.  And hurt!  I would have to jump up and stand up on my toes for relief.  Good luck.  Cramps are painful.  

• Posted

I'm sorry I had surgery 6 weeks ago and I have been dealing with foot cramps and I am recovering from the broken fibula in which I had the surgery 6 weeks ago. What I'd OTC?

• Posted

OTC is "over the counter", for example things you can just walk in and buy at the drug store like asprin or vitamin C (or magnesium), rather than with a prescription from a doctor.  Since your break and surgery is recent I would definitely call my doctor's office and report on your progress.  Be sure to tell them all about the foot/toe cramps and that the pain is unbearable.  You should not have to deal with pain while healing.  It's bad for both your physical health and your mental health.  Good luck I hope all works out well for you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.