Anyone get heart flutters/palps?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else get random heart palps and what feels like fluttering in your throat? It happens to me at random times and is usually ony for a few seconds. It freaks me out though. It feels as if my heart will either skip a beat or beat twice and I always feel it at the bottom of my throat. Then I feel as if there's a lump in my throat. My heart will be beating fine then it just happens.

I've had ekgs done chest X-rays blood tests and even a heart sonogram and my heart looked perfect. These just freak me rolleyes

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes,have had them often through the years especially when stressed,they are usually benign. Xx
  • Posted

Dont concentrate on them,i used to and it made me get them more.
  • Posted

yes michelle its a common thing with anxiety my doctor explained that in everyday life we all suffer from "missing" heart beats but we dont feel them or we are not aware its only when our anxiety is heightened that they come out even more as we become heightened in our thinking. if everything else comes back normal then its "normal" for those with anxiety to feel an increase it is a horrible and frightened feeling but if you get these quickly focus on something else ie breathing focus on something outside you window or put music or the tv on. if they get to bad your doctor can perscribe a beta blocker.

• Posted

Yes my doctor mentioned the beta blocker also.
  • Posted

Yes this started again a couple weeks back and it happens random I can be walking or talking or watching TV and I will suddenly get a massive thuds in my chest and throat
  • Posted

All the time its common with anxiety 

Try to ignore it anxiety loves attention and fearsmile

• Posted

Thanks everyone. I know they are from the anxiety and luckily it only happens every so often, not to the point where I need like a beta blocker or anything. It helps to know others get the same! I also have GERD which the doctors (and I've researched) say can cause heart palps when it's acting up
  • Posted

Yes I get it all the time feels like my heart stops.... Had so many test dr said its anxiety and it's not big to worry about
    • Posted

Same! That makes me feel better. Idk why I'm so obsessed over my heart lately it's perfectly healthy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.