Anyone had appendicitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's like my worst fear may be happening and I can't control these thoughts of death ect like there has been loads of denies today aswell and I feel everything is adding up I started with bad cramps last night near my belly button after having pins and needles in my chest the pain in stomach started again and I kept saying to my partner what if it's my appendix he kept laughing going your silly you need a poo ect then tonight it got worse again as I was out drinking trying to put it down to other things I then got so bad I could no longer stand and went home I rang 111 who sent me to emergency doctors for him to see me for 10 minutes and then have a bed booked on surgical assessment ward for acute apendicis but now I am freaking as the doctor told me that they don't have a bed just yet and it's probably best to go get some sleep go in at 8 and my bed will be ready I now have the fear my apendix might burst obviously he can not 100% say it is my appendix but if it is and I can't get a bed until 8 I could end up dying im petrified and shaking and can not calm myself down im exhausted and my anxiety is on full force has anybody else had appendix out ??

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

i dont know what to say besides my friend had similar problems. he had pain by belly button and was throwing up with super severe cramps and had to wait for his mom to get home to go to the emergency room. his appendix had burst and if he would have waited like 30 more minus or maby it was less he could have died i am not trying to worry you all i am saying is if u start throwing up and cramps get worse... go to the emergency room A.S.A.P
    • Posted

Thankyou sorry I wrote a reply without realising anybody had wrote he did say if the pain gets worse get there sooner im just really worried it will be too late 😔 I haven't been sick or anything just the pain so far which is now at a cope able amount at the minute so glad your friend got seen to in time
    • Posted

if what i understand is correct and pain lessened i doubt it is that. it could be pre period cramps because sometimes i get them and i am in tears.... i dont want to get like weired or too personal but i am just saying what i know lol... like u could be pregnant... it could be soooo many other things lol just try to rest and ill pray for you
  • Posted

I should of mentioned he did say I can go hospital now but I would be waiting probably for hous to get a bed and that means no sleep and that's why going home is best to actually get sleep also then my partner can get sleep as he has work in the morning and then the bed will be ready at 8 for definite
    • Posted

that would have been good info yes lol. I am not trying to offend you because ik it does some people.... i will be praying for you. remember what i said though please and take it easy.
  • Posted

i was trying to txt and call him and i couldent get ahold of him then my boyfriend (the one who was in hospital is our mutual friend) had told me he was close to death... i freaked out and walked out of room cuz i was crying with fear not helping that i have anxiaty..... i would not want that for your partener so all i suggest id if ANYTHING gets worse PLZ go to emergency room because i forgot who but someone in my family also almost dies from it because they have SUPER high pain tolerence and it was a long discomfort so luckily thry went to er and got told they needed imediat surgery... that was years ago. my friend though was like a year and a halve ago. be careful and dont under estimate the searousness of this. i hope it turns out to be nothing. 
    • Posted

Update I'm still hurting I have Hugh tolerance with pain give birth two time natural and had no drugs nothing get teeth pulled out with no anesthetic anyways they couldn't fit a scan in but managed a xray and my first bloods got lost so just had them done again I had to not eat for a full 24 hours was put on drip because I wasn't allowed to drink o anything but two doctors said apendicis the last doctor said because the pain isn't constant it 2 on be and that if I get bleeding or dizzyness ect I need to get straight back it was so packed with people I had to be put in the men's part of the floor but thank god I am ok for now and thankyou so much for replying means a lot to me and put my mind at ease a lot xxx
    • Posted

i am soooo glad to hear you are okay for now. i will continue to pray and god bless
    • Posted

is there any more info that can be shared? I have been thinking about you and i hope you are okay
    • Posted

No hunnie slight pain still but it has seemed to eased off a lot more I have been Dizzy and feeling nausea but I'm still here and I can't thankyou enough I hope it doesn't all start up again the doctor did mention sometimes your appendix can get inflammation and go down I have never heard of that before but I need to take the doctors words other wise I will end up worrying to much how are you today xx
    • Posted

I will still be praying for you and i hope all goes well.... sorry it took a while i was eating dinner lol. and i am doing..... okay. i am still learning to live with it and i think it wont get better untill i stop and accept it. and stop going out of my way to find cures because it only makes me more stressed trying to find them. idk i am starting to reaolize if i quit worrying itll be better off for me i just have to live in the moment..... which is a BIG change for me
  • Posted

Hi Steph,

When my Hubby was young his pal was in agony and rolling on pavement

so they sent for ambulance and he went to hospital and they told him he

had trapped wind.  I am not saying you have this but it could be a nervous tum, etc it might be what you think but I hope by now you are

feeling better so Good Luck xx

Win xx

• Posted

Thanks winnie I haven't been right since and I honestly kept telling the doctors it wasn't my appendix as I was scared for the operation anyways I got sent home after not eating for 24 hours and bloods and xray was normal and told if any bleeding started to come back in. Today I woke up with what I can only describe panic attacks in my sleep ! And I was kind of hullcinating /dreaming whike awake I then got the worst stomach pain again and saw blood and freaked out a soon as this happened the belly ache cleared im not to sure whether or not it's my period sorry for TMI but maybe all along is was menstrual pain although I have never experienced pain like it I felt like I was in labour all over again first time doctors did more than I expected though so I have my faith back in them not once did anybody mention anxiety ect which was a relief to not just be pushed over and told im ok without checks xx
    • Posted

Hey steph. I am not sure what time it is there. it is around 6 here and I am SO happy to hear you are okay... The thought of it being your period..... I get cramps so bad i cry..... Again for whoever might be reading this sorry for TMI though i bleed so heavy sometimes I am scared to move in fear i might bleed into my shorts.... Sometimes when it is really heavy flow it does happen. God bless and i am happy to hear you are okay!!!!!! cool STAY TRUE TO YOU!!!!!
    • Posted

Thanks love turns our I was having contractions although not for having a child but the same contractions because I have irregular periods they told me that my body had stored a mass of blood soon sorry for TMI but at least I know what it was and why I felt like I was doing labour all over again I knew it had to be more than what it was and just thankful the doctors did what they could to find what was wrong for first time me been in denial that it wasn't a appendicitis just great full it wasn't and all is good for now 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.