Anyone had bladder dilation and did it work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am a 53 year old woman, post menopausal with symtoms of the urge to pee and stinging (as UTI but been tested many times and no infection). Question whether this is hormone related but my urologist wants to take a look inside my bladder and possibly do a dilation to see if that helps. Has anyone had this done and did it work?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I did it helped a little with pressure but I still have discomfort, they did it when they did the examination. I seem to have an unknown problem? Hope this helps and you get a result.
    • Posted

My problem is I have a constant burning in my uritha and a stinging sensation in my bladder when it's full,

Also my kidneys ache when this problem flares up. I have had every test done and even been sent to the sexual health clinic as it will flare up and become unbearable after sex. But they never find anything positive.

I have tried some diet changes and it can improve slightly. I'm at my wits end and hope that I may get an answer from Somone on here?

• Posted

Hi there

Thank you for replying, have you looked into Vaginal atrophy, not sure of your age. There is an overlap in symptoms. All the best, let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.