Anyone have chest discomfort with anxiety?? Starting to scare me!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Lately I have been having chest discomfort and pressure for about 3 weeks or so! I have done a CT and been to a cardiologist but I still can't believe anxiety causes all these crazy symptoms! I keep worrying about my heart and it's driving me crazy!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kelsey,

Chest pain is very common in Anxiety. normally just below the sternum you will feel it as a "knot" or tightening. Anxiety comes with a lot of different symptoms which vary from person to person and also in severity. I find that with my mild attacks I can reduce it by "belly" breathing, basically breathing down and not out. Concerntrate on your breathing and allow your mind to clear.

Most importantly though you need to find the "trigger" for your anxiety. Look for recent changes in your life, or increases in stress. Your heart is fine, you will not die, trust me. If you would like anymore help just give me a shout

David

• Posted

David! Thank you so much that is exactly where my pain is and I kept pressing right there! The pain is not in my heart! But I get discomfort and pressure in the chest breast and underarms! Thanks for the info! I have had panic attacks and anxiety for about a year now! I'm still struggling but I'm getting better! I was put in a new medication recently!
  • Posted

That is the centre of my anxiety. Chest n stomach discomfort. At times its so intense all in my mind is accident n emergency room. One thing i notice it always pass. I did the ECG 24 hr holster so my heart is fine. Jus bare in mind it too shall pass n keep calm. U r not alone. Hate anxiety
  • Posted

ya it feels like a elephant on your chest doesnt it. Heavy breathing but feels like u just cant get any air and sometimes very bad dizzy spells etc. Its always smart to rule out anything physical first but docs arent always so accomodating which i think is ridiculous. You can try some natural stuff first if you want and see how it works for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.