Anyone ladies have painful gyno exams prior to finding out hip needed replaced?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've read somewhere that painful gyno exams can be a sign of a hip problem. I've been thrown back-and-forth between my gastroenterologist and my gynecologist blaming the pain on a condition in those areas. The article also compared the hip joint pain to ovarian pain.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would have thought that x-rays of the hip/s would have cleared this up...no?

Interesting post.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi. I would have thought xrays would clarify whether there is a problem with your hip. ?
    • Posted

Yes hip exray's and MRI with contrast confirmed it.

• Posted

I had a hip replacement for arthritis and osteonecrosis. I have endometriosis and adenomiosis. I can assure you, both are incredibly painful and nothing at all like each other. Any article that compares the two has never had either!  The only thing they have in common is that you'd go through anything to stop the pain. 

• Posted

The bad pain I had with GYN exams had to do with not being able to lie flat on the table and not able to get my legs apart far enough, all due to problems with back and hip osteoarthritis

The hip pain I had was clearly centered very closely in and around the hip joint, nowhere near an ovary.

• Posted

Annie same with me, no rotation in hip joints or very minimal, especially sideways, not that i have ever been able to sit cross legged, even as a child, knees always up in the air, gym teacher embrassed when she said flat, and grabbed knee and pushed down, all she did was roll me over on my side, that was when I was about 15.

Ortheopedic surgeon explained an usual hip pelvis arrangement, yes is still normal, but only about 5% of the population has it, Asked did my Mum have any hips, no I replied, just straight up and down, rather than classic hours glass shape, thats where you got it from than he said.

Most of my pain in right hip was in the buttock area, and in the left in the groin, I think the groin pain was almost worse, more acute pain, and very sudden onset, torn cartledge in hip joint sue to arthritis spurs, lumps and bumps catching.

• Posted

I can say that mine did feel a little like ovarian pain before and immediately after my surgery just because those muscles are trying to heal.

Go to see your doc to have xrays taken to see what can be done at this point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.