Anyone take phentermine pills?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been taking phentermine pills for quite some time now, I get lots of energy and helps me through out the day. Before I got on the pillls I had extreme fatigue, I slept all day and my body was so weak. Once I got on the pills 3 months ago I lost weight and eat healthy and full of energy. Up until now at least, I went on vacation to visit my dad and had lots of adventures shopping at the mail an stuff with my sisters, I was there for one week and felt great still on my pills. About one week after being back home I would take my pill like always except they were not working anymore. I would need at least two naps a day and very tired. I upped my does too a pill and a half and still very very tired and muscles feel drained an weak. Why is this happening too me sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking these with the approval of a doctor or have you bought them over the counter?   You may be experiencing some of the side effects of this drug.  Alternatively have you reduced your weight to such a very low level, that you now have no reserves of energy?       If you wish to keep taking phentermine you should be regularly monitored by a professional medic.    

• Posted

Yes I get them from my doctor. She monitors me once a month. I've lost 25lbs in 3 months so I'm thinking that is normal. It's just weird though, I first started to take the pills my fatigue went away. Now it's coming back even while being on the pills. My body hurts and I feel unwell. I just want the pills to do what they are suppose to do and give me energy but I can barely get out of bed or off the couch and my whole body aches. I'm 29yrs old I feel like I'm 80.

• Posted

you should get back to your doctor straitaway and not wait for the monthly check up. These symptoms may be something viral which will pass,but may be somethng going wrong with the chemical balance of your body and needs to be identified and treated before any possible permanent damage is done.
    • Posted

My last check up was 7 days ago, And when I did ask her she brushed it off an said it's normal and my body will be going through different cycles an to give it time my energy will go back up. That is why I asked on the forum to see if it's true or not.

• Posted

Looking at your first posting you say you have been taking these for 3 months.     These are an amphetamine derivative so there should be caution in continuing with these as patients can become dependent.     I dont think these are recommended for more than a few weeks as an aid to losing weight.     I wonder if you started on a low dose or a high dose?

• Posted

I started on 37.5 and still on same dose. I cut down too half a pill now as it helps better then a whole one.
  • Posted

Hello Sarah, I personally you should not had to take the pills without doctor prescription but still not late go for check up with doctor still it's not late. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.