Anyone taking Methazolamide tablets?

Posted , 4 users are following.

im taking Methazolamide with other medications to treat my glaucoma and am hoping to connect with someone else who has used this medication, as I have several questions.  Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I took 100mg of Methazolamide for a little more than a year. Let me know what your questions are, and I will let you know my experience.

Susan

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I wrote my original post quite a while ago, and I believe my main concern was fining a source for the medication.  I live in France and had been getting it from Canada, but it became unable ailable over a year ago due to an ingredient shortage.  I couldn't find it anywhere outside the US, where it has increased in price and, with insurance, is only available in 90 day supplies, making it necessary to travel frequently and expensively due to issues in shipping prescription medication.  

• Posted

I took Diamox for a period of time a few years ago and experienced very unpleasant side effects, and knew my only other option was surgery, so was hoping to find someone who could suggest some type of solution.  I finally got insurance, help from my doctor in getting a larger supply, so I'm very relieved.  I'm not sure why this drug is not used more to treat glaucoma, and is so difficult to find.  It is certainly working for me,

.  Thanks again for your contact.

• Posted

Terrible pill took them for 2 weeks and gave me a upset stomach that only stopping them made feel better, also gave me diahrea constipation, use caution, you be the judge not your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.