Anyone taking nortiptylene (pamelor) for depression adhd?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Took it as a kid for adhd and wondering if it could still be beneficial.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

John, I have Central Pain Syndrome symptoms two years after a stroke. I don't tolerate nortiptylene even in the smallest doses and was so glad to read last week that a couple of doctors at the Cleveland Clinic are working to get a new med to trial late next year which will help reduce or eliminate chronic pain from stroke and promising results with Alzheimers and other deiseases. I won't put in the link to the information because links slow up the moderator's approval of the post apparently, but here is what the items on Cleveland Clinic website says about NTRX-07

"How NTRX-07 Affects Chronic Pain

As many as 16 million people in the United States experience persistent, chronic neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is usually accompanied by damage to tissues. Nerve fibers may be damaged or dysfunctional, and send incorrect signals to other pain centers in the body. Neuroinflammation and the microglia play a key role in this condition as well.

“Many patients are now dependent on opioids to control their chronic pain and have to continue increasing their dose because it’s not effective in treating it,” Dr. Naguib says. “Acute pain, if left untreated, can progress and become chronic pain.”

Most current treatments for chronic pain, including anti-depressants, topical painkillers and opioids, have side effects and do not target the origin of the disease or the CB2 receptors.

By reducing inflammation with NTRX-07, the pain induced by the neuroinflammatory process is minimized or even alleviated."

Sounds good, eh?

• Posted

Yes!  Thank you for your reply.  I'm not really looking at taking the pamelor primarily for attention deficit / lack of focus ability however. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.