Anyone tried kinesiology tape for frozen shoulder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, i read that an application of kinesiology tape can really help with FS. Anytone try this? I am guessing it is best to let therapist applay it correctly. I have seen some videos on U tube that show how to do it. Would like to hear fro anyone who has tried it and the effects?

Thanks peeps!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My Physical Therapist likes it and for the first 6 or 7 sessions they applied it, but I soon realized that I had a mild allergic reaction to it, itching, redness, slight hives - nothing awful but I had to stop.  To be perfectly honest I couldn't feel the benefit, it didn't restrict any movement nor did I feel it necessarily pulling me one way or the other.  I'm not convinced it was beneficial (for me anyway).

On a positive note I had a good day today and the best range of motion with minimal pain since this all started, I am cautiously optimistic that there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

Chocobabe, Great to hear you are turning the corner! I am at week 9 of my initial shoulder surgery and week 6 of Frozen shoulder. I find out in two weeks if i have to do the MUA. I have 170 degreess flexion (overhead) and pretty good with abduction but al the other directions basically suck. Hopefully, can achieve Full range of motion in 2 weeks..been going through so much ripping and pain at PT.. I thought the taping would help support and pull it in the right direction..wonder if it was applied correctly...i am going to give it a go.
  • Posted

Absolutely, there is nothing to lose by giving it a try, I'd have tried anything for some relief.  Lots of people at my PT get it on their affected bits!
  • Posted

My shoulder blade was dropped and pulling on my spinal cord nerve. I was first taped by my Physiatrist with tape that did not stretch and then PT with Kenisiology tape while I exercised the mus led to get it to hold it in the proper place. So great to be out of that pain!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.