Anyone tried Olanzapine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is new to me..supposedly supposed to help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Missy.

I take the Quetiapine which is very similar.

It certainly helps me sleep better. It seems that low doses of atypical anti psychotics are now used off label for insomnia.

The down side is sometimes crazy dreams, which as long as they're not scary I quite like!

They can also make some people feel a bit flat the next day, although I don't think it's any worse than a antihistamine.

Hope you are doing OK Missy xx

• Posted

Misssy, there's a whole forum devoted to olanzapine on this site. I strongly suggest you get yorself on there before starting to take this drug, which is very hard to withdraw from. I've never taken it myself, but witnessed its devastating effects on a dear friend.

I'm not saying no one should take this medication, and I know that many severe schizophrenics have found it very helpful. I'm just saying you should think very carefully and do a lot more research before trying it.

• Posted

Hi missy are you suffering from psychosis or schitzophrenia? i would stop taking this as they can have serious side effects like movement disorders. Something like doxepin would be a better choice for severe insomnia i think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.