appendix pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Having dull painand tenderness lower right abdomen for over a week, has anyone had same with appendix problems?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Definitely worth investigating at GP's or A&E. I'd advise you get to see someone soon'ish... I had the same experience and had my appendix out 7 weeks ago, it was inflamed on the CT scan.

Don't worry it's not too bad having it removed!

• Posted

Thanks Yvonne, Did you have dull pain and for how long? Any other symptoms?
  • Posted

Hi again Barbara, yes pain was kind of dull for weeks. I think it must have been grumbling for ages possibly even longer than a year. But then it did eventually get sharper, more like a stitch over the right side over the place where appendix is. I just knew there was something not right going on, more than the IBS the GP's had thought it was. Oh, I did have constipation as well and had noticed I wasn't passing any wind.(unusual for me smileEventually I got rotton tummy ache that woke me up, as so I decided to go to A&E. Had to wait over 2 hours there even so! But eventually they saw me and diagnosed appendicitis, operation that night.  I was out and home again after 2 days. 

Hope you go on alright, would definitely think it's worthwhile having someone check it out for you Barbara.

kind regards,

Yvonne

• Posted

Yvonne, thanks for sharing your story, your. Informtion is very helpful to me. Wow you had symptoms for a long time. My pain is no worse, I'm hoping to wait few weeks, as I'm away from home and I'll see my doctor as soon as I return. We do seem to share many of the same symptoms. I will go to ER if my pain becomes severe. You have helped me so much. Thank-you, Barbara
  • Posted

You're very welcome Barbara, it's hard to know which way to go sometimes, I totally find this site really helpful. I do hope you get on OK, especially as you are away from home. Best to go with your... 'Gut instincts' eh? (Sorry wink couldn't resist that! Take care friend, if in doubt don't wait.

Best regards,

Yvonne

• Posted

Hi yvonne, It is so hard to know what to do sometimes. This site is wonderful and your information is so helpful to me. When your first had pain a year ago was your appendix ruled out? Since your appendectomy your pain and other synptoms are gone? This is my second week of dull pain, I would like to avoid surgery if possible. I guess I'm hoping it will go away on it's own if I can wait long enough. Thanks-again for your help. Take care, Barbara
    • Posted

Hi Barbara sorry only just found this. We just kept thinking it was IBS, which apparently is quite a common way people go, until something more presents itself as it did with me. I felt like you! That I really wanted to avoide surgery. I also have M.E. and a load of other problems so I was anxious as you can imagine. However they did a CT scan at A&E and saw that it was inflamed and really if that happens we're better off without it, otherwise it gets a good bit more rocky. I seemed to recover really well after the op' but you can get a lot of wind pain which is not nice. I have suffered with that a lot afterwards, and unfortunately as I have other problems with my pelvic area I'm having a lot of pain and difficulty with my bladder and pelvis,which my GP thinks might be being caused by the trauma to my body, however I am 66! I've had M.E. For over 30 years and damage to my pelvis as well so I suppose it's not that surprising. As you are most probably younger and otherwise hopefully in better health I bet you'll be much better quicker. It can be unwise to wait to get it looked at, so if in doubt go my friend. 

Very kind regards,

Yvonne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.