Appetite

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello my appetite is gone feel sick to my stomach all the time I sleep well but I don't like the weight loss at all. The medicine works for my sleep and anxiety I just wonder how long this will last I miss food!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had severe nausea and dry heaves for about a week. I almost stopped taking it but glad I gave it a chance. How long have you had the nausea? 
  • Posted

Hi Darlene how long have you been taking citalopram ?

My appetite went on day 1 of taking it and I've been on it for 11 weeks now. I still have no appetite but I'm managing toast or a sandwich on an evening. I've lost over 2 stone but the weight loss is slowing now.

• Posted

Hi Darlene

Oh god I know the feeling!! It's really awful - I was like that for a few weeks when I first started citalopram, the low energy was awful but looking back it was good to lose a few pounds wink I couldn't tell you when but one day I just felt ravenous. It will come. BUT how long have you been taking them? As if it's been longer than I'd say 6 weeks and you still have no appetite it might be worth talking to your doctor.

X

• Posted

darlene

I do not know if you are taking other medications.

With your tummy, see your GP

Make that appointment

BOB

• Posted

Hi I m on week 9 and trust me citaloparm it's really good

• Posted

How long did it take for you to feel good? It's been just over 5 weeks for me on 30mg and last week was much better but the last two days I feel more anxious and sad again. Not sure if ups and down are normal and how long it takes to regulate.

• Posted

shah

Yes I have been on them now for quite a time now up near ten years

Glad you are pleased

Good Luck

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.