Appointment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Came home this afternoon, to learn that the Surgeon's office has asked me to come in tomorrow afternoon.  I am shocked, relieved, grateful, to say the least.  We shall see how this all will now unfold.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Best of luck to you Donna!!!
    • Posted

Thank you.  Like everyone else on this journey, I'm a little anxious about the appointment tomorrow.

• Posted

Donna, is this for the Linx?
    • Posted

This is my first consult with the surgeon, so I don't know what will be recommended. I'm hoping for a Hellermyotomy.

• Posted

Congrats! I hope everything goes well and you get the information you need to make the best possible decision.
    • Posted

Thank you; am waiting for the surgery date; likely will be in Nov [possibly earlier].  For now, it is eating only smooth or soft foods; was quite challenging being away for the past 4 days, figuring out how and what to eat.  I do believe making 'shakes' will be most of my diet along with Glucerna [Ensure] on a daily basis.

• Posted

Here are a couple of smooth soft things i eat that may work for you. I use a Protein & Vitamin shake mix. You can mix it with water with milk or with almond milk or soy milk and two of those a day gives you just 100$ of your daily nutrients. No artificial colors or flavor, no preservatives, no wheat, no yeast, no fish.... All i know is they taste pretty good and they have a good amount of nutrients and fiber in them without being super high calorie or loaded with sugar I like the chocolate and vanilla flavors and you buy them in a two pack pretty inexpensively on amazon. My second thing is my squash soup recipe, take any kind of squash my two favorites are acorn and butternut, cut them in half put them in the microwave for 7 minutes or in the oven in a dish with some water in it at 350 for an hour. remove the seeds. Scrape out the soft squash put it in a pot with a can of coconut milk, cook until blended. Add any spice you can tolerate if desired. Take off heat blend in blender makes for a hearty creamy soup that tastes good and gives you a bit of variety. I have actually cooked this with imitation crab or lobster for a kind of seafood bisque its velvety and luxurious and helps me feel a bit more like a functioning human….

I hope everything works out well for you.

Best

a

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

This is firstly a reply to 'Emis Moderator'  how does one use the Private Message service?

• Posted

Thank you so much for your suggestions.  If we can figure out how to private message, I would sure like the product name of the 'shakes' you suggest.  Thanks for the squash recipe.  I'm going to try this.  I'm at a loss as to what to eat right now.  Having IBS and lactose intolerance, some things simply will not work for me.  Right now I don't know if my system is cramping because my diet has changed or if it is stress, etc.

• Posted

Abigail, for the squash soup, can one use almond milk instead of coconut milk?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.