Are my symptoms all Svt or something else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I have recently been diagnosed with Svt and besides the racing heart I have other symptoms. Just trying to figure out and see if they are separate issues because I also think I'm in perimenopause as well. So i seem to get a weird feeling in the diaphragm area usially after I eat and like there is a lot of gas in my chest. I constantly burp to see if that helps. Sometimes it does. I also have hot and cold flashes. Insomnia has kicked in this week which triggers my Svt so I am fatigued a lot lately. Just wondered what symptoms people get with Svt. I know lack of sleep, bending over, and excerise are all triggers for me. The heavy diaphragm with a nauseous stomach I'm not sure if that's the Svt or not. Any similar experiences? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you notice if you get the gas in the chest after you eat a certain kind of food. I had similar problems and my gastroenterologist told me to stay from tomatoes, garlic, onions, orange juice, and anything too acidic. If you continue to have symptoms, you should see your primary care doctor or gastroenterologist. I, too am in perimenopause, so I get alot of symptoms such as nausea, heart palpitations, and dizziness
  • Posted

I have the same thing after i eat.  If my stomach is calm, the heart NEVER races. It is gas or the food gets stuck up in the upper stomach and presses against the diaphram and irritates the vagus nerve!  Make your self burp, rock back and forth and bend at the waist when you do this.  This will push the food down and the heart will go back to normal!
    • Posted

Thank you. You have described exactly what happens to me. I have felt really bad all day. I feel like there is a mini tremor going in in my body right now. I'm scared to eat because it will get bad again I hope it goes away soon. Trying not to let it escalate to panic attack.

• Posted

i was told i have svt after a stress test, but dont know what it is, as i dont have syptoms although they put me on betablockas im waiting for a stent 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.