Are you willing to share your story?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's time we highlight the impact of the issue. With 4.2 million Australian's suffering from bladder control issues we believe it is time to speak about the issue and highlight the impact it has on the Australian population. 

We are looking for Australian's both men and women who have experienced poor bladder control or bladder leakage due to any reason who are willing to share their story. 

If you are interested in being involved please contact us via direct message for more information on our initiative. We will treat you information with sensitivity and privacy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't live in Australia or the UK, but I have posted my life experiences with urine leakage on this website. In the US.it is called dribbing. It was worse before I went on haemodyalysis because I was drinking alot of water during exercising and everyday drinking water as recommended by health professionals.

But since I am now restricted to less than 4 cups of water (US measurements), my dribbling has slowed somewhat. Incontince was a major problem since my early 20's, at age 64 I still have problems. So many people are ashamed to admit they have urine leakage problem. I hope you get a response or many responses from down under as the saying goes in America. Good luck

• Posted

Hi John 

Thank you for sharing your story. I am very glad to here that you have been able to manage your symptoms. 

Thanks again. 

• Posted

Hi. I'm in the north east of England. I've suffered with night time incontinence all my life. I'm now 48. I've been through tests. Had mediation which works for a little while then stops working. It does affect my life terrible. Relationships are a no no and no holidays. It's awful, I would love to meet people who are same as me. This is the first forum of any kind I've tried. I think docs have give up lol 😄😄

• Posted

Do you drink any caffeine items or any carbonated items. These can cause leakage during the day or at night. I have tried oxybutynin, but I still leaked urine, day or night.

One reason was that my doctor discovered I had a false entry into my bladder. My urine pools into two different areas. So my bladder doesn't completely empty. I have used male pads just in case I have a urine accident.

In the past I have also used an Underpads on my bed in case there is leakage at night. It occasionally happens. I have had this problem since the 1980's. So I have had to deal with this problem for a very long time. I am now 65 years old and I haven't had any luck in the US of finding a cure. However, being on haemodyalysis, I drink only 4 cups of water a day (US measurements), I leak less, but if I drink more, I leak more, but my ankles swell up too. Lasix helps with ankle swelling but not good when on Haemodialysis

I hope someone can give you help with your problem. Have you checked with your doctor or a urologist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.