Aripiprazole

Posted , 3 users are following.

i feel anxious on this new medication....it works better than my old medication but I do feel anxious and restless....is there anything else I can take?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

If the drug works better than others do not knock it, give it time and run with it.

There are a selection of medications you could try. However that does not mean you can try them all, GPs once a drug has been tried and disgarded may not return to the original medications so what happens they run out of drugs as you have given reasons why the drug did not work.

My Medications took two years to trim and assess, I remember all my side affects and now given time I do not suffer badly from side affects, I now will not trade any of my drugs, if they work do not change them

BOB

• Posted

I once had that drug described as the Gold Standard drug by a psychiatrist. I would give it a chance the side effects weren't half as bad as some other drugs of that type for me.

Good luck and I hope that you can stick with it enough for the side effects to wear off as you get used to the medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.