Arm and Joint pain has me petrified!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, I was diagnosed with bad anxiety two months ago. Before that I was healthy, ran alot n never worried about health issues.

Anxiety has caused me to have TONS of symtoms but for the past few weeks my arms esp the left has been hurting. My left elbow joint hurts when I move my arm in certain positions, it hurts mostly when I wake up every morning.

I keep fretting I have leukemia, bone cancer or another terminal illness. I keep hearing of Pple who are dying of those. Two months ago the doctor told me my muscles were too tense because I was too stressed. I'm a terrible worrier with GAD n I've been depressed since I was 13 (I'm 28 now). 2015 was a horrible year for me n I was CONSTANTLY stressed&depressed. Before anxiety I never had the pains I feel frequently. Also my arms feel weak, I was always a strong person.

I'm not American but I've been here since Jan n I don't have insurance here. But I'm gonna ask my friend if he can take me to get even a blood test&physical. I just wanna know if I'm dying or if this is all caused from severe anxiety.

I'm ALWAYS tense, my shoulders up to my ears lol. So tense I shake sometimes. I can't relax becuz I worry 24/7.

Any advice from anyone?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What makes you feel better?

Are you anxious all the time?

• Posted

I have been going through the exact same thing for 5 months. It's mostly my right arm but my left one does ache too. I also find my upper chest by my collarbone tender and sore when I push on it. I have severe health anxiety and have been going through a really rough and stressful year. 5 months ago Im pretty sure I had a nervous breakdown and couldn't cope anymore and then came all the physical symproms. I'm better then I was but still not myself. I have a ways to go. My arm felt weak and ached from my shoulder to my fingers. I went to the dr so many times and they kept saying it was tension and I was and I was tensing my shoulders up to my ears as well. I would tense my arm and hold in close to my body and when I paid attention I realized I was doing it naturally. My arm is paining right bow as I write this. It's really hard to believe anxiety can cause this much physical painsad is your n3ck and upper chest sore too?
    • Posted

My chest doesn't hurt at all except for the left side every now&then. That's how I ended up in ER 2months ago bcuz my heart area hurt like hell.

Sometimes other joints on my body hurt as well like my knee. Sometimes parts of my leg or arm feels sore like it's bruised. It usually goes away after a few days.

I'm scared out of my mind!

I'm always anxious n it's worst bcuz things in my life aren't going well. My gf broke up with me n a lot of other things aren't going well. I keep moving from place to place too n that doesn't help.

• Posted

Mine started after a break up as well. It' was a bad stressful relationship for 5 years. I think I just couldn't handle anymore and I crashed. I was extremely stressed and depressed and the physical symptoms took over and then my health anxiwty got really bad and I broke down. Do you get sharp pains in your arm that last seconds and a constant ache? What doyour pains feel like?
    • Posted

My pains feel like yours, every now and again my knee hurt too but hardly noticeable.

I'd been dating this lady for just two months and it was going well. I've had a series of breakups and it has taken a toll on me emotionally. I know my depression especially has contributed to some of it. I feel like such a loser, being dumped sucks.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time because I really need someone to be there for me.

• Posted

this happens, it sucks but you can get through it.

are you feeling better?

• Posted

Wow i could relate alot to this. My chest pains made me think i had something wrong with my heart and i went to the er about 15-20 times in 2015. That was a bad year tbh. But im over it now. I would advise you to clean up your diet and look into leading a healthy lifestyle. Exercise helped me alot. Anxiety can give you these symptoms because just imagine, older people get anxiety or depression, or stress, and it could lead them easily to a heart attack or stroke because these emotional conditions can have a very negative effect on the body. Your young at 28. I'm 19. So something like that wont happen to us because we are young. You should get busy just so you can take your mind off of the anxiety. You are not dieng. Take advantage of your good health now, so it could last you a very long time. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi nattalie

you are like me. I tend to feel anxious all the time to where my muscles feel tense like my shoulders, or my arms or legs, this is just part of anxieties because the muscles will get tight when you are anxious and stressed out. 

You are not dying so please don't think that. You just have to learn to do some relaxation and progerssive relaxation to help lossen up your muscles. 

They have CDs you can listen to that will help you through the relaxation and meditation also look it up on the computer about relaxation and meditation 

Do some deep breathing and stay positive you will be fine 

• Posted

Thanks, I feel better knowing I'm not alone. I listened to a meditation video on YouTube few nights ago and it made me feel better. But then I go tense again, I have to literally check myself n relax whenever I feel how tense I am.

I get elbow pain and some pain from shoulder to elbow, sometimes it feels like my bones/muscles hurt.

I worry about what's wrong with me 24/7! I just feel like I'm the only one with this arm pain that won't go awaysad

• Posted

if you need anything at all, feel free to post on here or send me a PM.

you are not alone.

good luck and all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.