Armpit Rash, recurring

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All, around mid December I got this really bad blotchy rash on both of my underarms, doctors diagnosed it as fungal. Used some lotrimin and nothng worked.

Went saw a dermatologist, he said it might be viral or some sort of skin irritation. Prescribed a prescription steroid cream. Rash on both arms went away within a few weeks.

About a month later I started seeing some dry, eczema like spots on my lower right arm pit, not pimple or razor like just dry patches. Not really a rash, nothing like what I saw the first time. My left arm shows no issues

I used to live in AZ and moved to CO, back to AZ and back to CO, extreme differences to say the least.

Any ideas are welcome.

A little more.

No unprotected Sex with anyone except my wife since 2008

No blood transfusions

No drug use

Lots of hosipatal visits and needles and injections but that is about it.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you looked into TSW ( topical steroid withdrawal syndrome/ red skin syndrome)

• Posted

I actually saw a dermatologist today, I was diagnosed with pitted rosea, told me it should reside soon, its just weird because when I went online and researched the resources said this rash rarely occurs in the underarm area, doctor said these things don't necessarily play by the rules. In just confused as hell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.