Arthritic lump on middle finger

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have developed a nodule on my middle finger. .Can i have it removed by surgery ?  or is any treatment available to reduce the size of nodule  ?

Their is little or no pain with the nodule  but it doesn't look good .

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Douglas.  Basically it will depend on the cause of the lump as to what can be done for it.  At the bottom of the scale, ie least problematic, it could be a ganglion, which is just fatty deposit and will sometimes disperse of its own or by impact upon it.  It could be a sign of rheumatoid arthritis, in which case you will need to see your doctor or rheumatologist for the best treatment options.  It could also be a cyst, which again your doctor will advise on best way of dealing with it.  Bottom line, go ask  your doctor as they will give you a bona fide diagnosis and treatment options and  you can then decide on the best course of action.
    • Posted

douglas22825

Thank you Loxie  for your advice  - i will  check it out  with Doictor - I mentioned about removal of lump as my grandmother hadarthritic  nodules on her toes and had them removed sucessfully/

You know what men are like so proud , ha ha They don't want anything to spoil there appearance to opposite sex. . 

Thank you again

Douglas

• Posted

It's not just men Douglas smile we women are the worst at fretting over imperfections too.  Anything on face or hands is very visible and noticeable so its quite understandable you'd like to see it gone.  Hope you manage to get it sorted simply.  Most removal surgery of small lumps can be very effective and leave very little scarring, so here's wishing you a happy outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.