AS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I am new to this. I have been trying for about 6 years to get a diagnosis for everything going on in my body. Finally Iritis presented itself and the eye dr pushed the rheumatologist to dig further. My blood test showed I was positive for the B27 Gene. The dr scheduled an MRI to confirm a diagnosis. If my MRI comes back ok then what? Anyone have any experience with this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What are your symptoms?  I did not have an MRI, just the blood work to show the presence of AS (later rediagnosed as psoriatic spondylitis arthritis).
    • Posted

Have had hip pain on and off for many years. My SI joints go out and I periodically have to use a cane to walk. I have lumbar disc disease and cervical disc disease. Neck hurts all the time, ribs, hips, low back, tired, muscles hurt, knees, wrists, shoulders. I catch every virus, flu and cold I ever come in contact with. Sometimes I feel fluish, and can't even get out of bed.
  • Posted

Wow, sorry to hear you have so much pain and discomfort....sounds like you have the symptoms of AS and then some.  I was diagnosed almost a year ago and right now, my issues are the low back, SI joints with sciatica....and some discomfort with neck.  Have had tendinitis in elbows, quads and shoulders.  Sleeping without a pillow, going to PT and taking yoga help me tremendously.  I guess you are on medication.....I don't think I

answered your question......

• Posted

Forgot to add you might want to have thyroid checked for tiredness....be sure dr. checks the T3 and T4 because just checking the   Tsh  will not detect it.
    • Posted

Thank you Yogee. I have had my thyroid checked every year. I believe this sounds like AS too. I am worried that if the MRI shows nothing we will be back to the drawing board yet again. I just want a diagnosis so I can slow and treat whatever is happening to me before some things are irreversible. Right now I take Meloxicam for inflammation and gabapentin for a pain blocker. I also have fibromyalgia. My C Reactive protein is on the high side also, so there is quite a bit of inflammation in my body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.