As anyone any ideas

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 68yr old female about 8wks ago after some tests my heart rate was very low although it had Been like this for about five years at the time I was on bisoprol indapmide and 2mg perindopril l was I taken off the bisoprol and the perindopril was raised to 4mg two weeks after that it was raised again to 8mg then after another two weeks amlodipine 5mg was added then my problems started swelling of the feet and ankles terrible heartburn for which l was given omeprazole 20mg that has got rid of Heartburn but now have indegestion and a feeling that something is stuck by my breast bone my vision is blurred on occasions has anyone any ideas which tablet could be causing the problems l also take a statin my blood pressure is perfect at the moment but don't want to carry on like this

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Olwen.  Sorry to hear you are experiencing these side effects.  I have the same thing. In fact if you check the blurb that comes with your tablets you may find that this is only one of the side effects that you may suffer.  I keep telling my doc about these side effects but all I get from him is that all tablets have side effects.  Again these little problems are not life threatening, but they are lessening your quality of life.  My tablets also make me dizzy and I had two falls last week.  At present I am sitting with my foot up.  Yesterday the doc said if I thought it was the tablets to stop taking them.  What I want to know is why did he give them to me in the first place?  Yes, to prevent a stroke or a heart attack.  They really don't care. I think they are in cahoots with the Government to get rid of us oldies.  I wonder do that get extra money for bumping us off?  I am 77.
    • Posted

Hi there l stopped taking the bisoprol on docs say so and started to take omeprazole for heartburn it must have been the amlodipine tab that caused my ankles to swell also take indapmide and perindopril and  Doxazosin and omeprazole for heartburn had another problem today got numbness over my right eye l have had it before so fingers crossed it will go l had a mini stroke abt 22yrs ago l am 71 now you get different info with every do you see best of luck olwen
    • Posted

Hello again.  As I said there are side effects with every tablet. They say it is because we are not all the same!!!  I think that the pharmaceutical companies could do more to help but if they put something into the drug to cause side effects then they come up with something to relieve the side effects!! Thus they are in business and they make more money.  The lazy doctors will not put themselves out to find the answer to our problems.  Their attitude is "take another pill".  When did they stop caring? When did they become so arrogant?  Was it when they stopped swearing the Hippocratic Oath?  Or when that stupid man Gordon Brown said you're working too long and here?s more money?  I despair about the NHS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.