Ascending arotic aneurysm with BAV

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just found out ,turn 50 in 2 days , it is a 4.3 cm so worried ,I feel like I'm walking around like a time bomb!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have one of these, I dont know how or why I got it, but as there is nothing I can do about it, there is no point in my worrying over it, neither should you

I just carry on livng my life the way I have for the past 65 years

Regardless of what we eat, how fit we are, how poor or how rich, none of us are getting out of life alive

You have a choice, worry about it, and get depressed, get ill with worry or enjoy your life, live every day as if its going to be your last, do things you have always wanted to do,

When I was told I had one, there was nothing I could do about it, so I just shrugged, got over it and did things I wanted to do, I do things I enjoy, I like my life, the places I have been to and the places I have been to and seen, I dont know when my best before date is, so I make the most of it, its somthing I cant do anything about, so why worry over it

At least we know we have one of these things, now its up to the doctors to help with it, all you can do is stop worrying over it you dont want the doctors to end up with something else

Go out enjoy your life

• Posted

Thank you so very much!! And you are so right! Many in my family have passed away of aneurysms mostly brain ones including my father at 46, so kinda shook me up! Do you have BAV also?
    • Posted

They died of, things have moved on since they died, medica science can do wonders these days

Nope I have triple A, I dont know how big it is, I dont care how big it is, there is nothing I can do about it anyway

I died, twice, from cerebral Malaria, what do you say to a nurse/doctor that has saved your life ? they told m its their job but thank you is nice :-)

Dont regret your life, the things you did, regret the things you didnt do

Life is the longest thing you are ever going to do, live it, there maybe no tomorrow, so get out there, 50 aint old and its a big world out there, go and see it, I have and there is still more I want to see and do

I have done things people younger than me have done

I climbed Everest, seen Machu Piccu, been around East and West Africa, climbed Kilimanjaro, been to the slums in Uganda, been around Sth America,  travelled to Australia, overland, completed route 66 and there is still more to do

• Posted

deb, no worries. Not sure what the BAV is...i also have a heart problem, Aortic Valve Stenosis, cn't do anything about it...saw Doc again today...said to me, "go back to the gym"...have it checked once a year with a cardiologist...don't worry about it. referring to Derricks' advice...I feel the same way...live your life. Do things that you want to do...take the time to enjoy life. I'll be 68 soon and I am not worried...I am a retired sailor and still do the things that i have done all my life. Love life Deb...you deserve it!

• Posted

Thank you so much! The BAV is 2leaf valves instead of 3 n ot working right and calcified with genetic risqué disorder,i guess aneurysm can rupture at smaller size because walls are weaker and grow faster just learning about all of this had cat scan yesterday! I'm sure will get use to this , I can't get my heart rate up much on meds to slow it down,so can walk and bike no more running! Do u have do u have to becareful with that as well?

• Posted

So far you are below the danger zone of being greater the >5.00 cm.  Be thankful of that.  You will get it monitored annually.  When it is over 5.00cm, get it taken care of (stented). You can get evar surgery is relatively safe.  Until then, try to exercise and be as healthy as you can.  High cholesterol, long-term high blood pressure, and smoking are bad for you.  Also, stop doing things like power weight lifting.  Try not to stress out that area too much.  Don't worry too much, you are not close to being dead yet.

• Posted

Thank you so much! Dr. Said from now on have to live different no more running etc , have genetic tissue disorder and BAV so walls are weaker I guess,but trying to forget about it and just live ,I'm sure it will get easier , had cat scan yesterday of the whole arotea! So nice to have this forum for support and questions!

• Posted

Deb as long as you get a check each year you will safe and if the aneurysm increases to over 5 ctm they will suggest a ENVASULAR OPERATION which is a much improved method than open surgery., at present I am waiting to go in for the ENVAS OP, my aneurysm is 7 ctm, in other words I'm a walking time bomb, my consultant told me I was an urgent case yet I have been waiting nearly a month and still I have no notiication when go in for it, and now it's worse because of the junior docs going on strike, I'm full of anticipation and worry as is my wife, I'm 78 and in good health except for this damn thing.  James

• Posted

The important thing here is that it has been identified. There are many people out there oblivious to their condition. Symptomless, hence the term silent killer. Now you've been diagnosed you will now be in the best possible hands. Difficult, but just relax! As someone who was diagnosed with a 6cm aneurysm 16 months ago and had successfully come through surgery - I'm 54 by the way, everything will be fine ;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.