Aspirin Side Effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was on Asperin for "minor white matter ischeamia" along with Atoravastin Stain. I was getting muscle ache so I stopped the Statin but the ache did not stop so I stopped the Asperin. My symptoms were increased neck pain from a bad neck anyway but also aches around the upper back and sides under arms.

Does anyone know of Asperin causing muscle ache?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Happyhacker

May I clarify the name of the drug. Are you referring to asprin?

Jean 

• Posted

Hi Happyhacker

Statins as we all now know from the publicity in the media and medical journals have several serious side effects including muscular aches and pains and neuropathy. I myself was taking Lipitor when the muscle pain started . I was given exercises to try to strengthen the core muscles at the base of the spine.Big Pharm knew about the side effects of these drugs but hid their findings.

I know doctors who stopped taking statins as they personally suffered the side effects.

Physios have told me that back pain can come from the neck.

I was advised as follows.

Avoiding bending over or sitting without any neck support such as a small soft cushion behind the neck.

Avoid staying in the same position for long. Mobilise within reason.

However you need to be assessed by an independent impartial skilled experienced physiotherapist and a treatment/exercise programme drawn up.

Most will do this in a couple of sessions.

I am not a physio or trying to promote any sales !

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.