Asthma Sufferer

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed as suffering from Asthma some years ago and owing to other medical complications it has progressively beme worse to the point that I have now been registered on the Chronic Disease Register at my local GP surgery.

​Has anyone got any tips on how I can improve on my symptoms that do not include Jogging, weights etc?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried using a salt cave? I don't know if you have them where you live. I'm lucky there is one a few miles from me. If you can get to one they are highly recommended. Look it up on the internet as to where one night be and the benefits. Use a salt pipe too, available on internet too. Can you walk, as that had huge health benefits and you can stop and start and it free. I wish you well

• Posted

Thanks Ruth I will have a trawl on the internet and see what I come up with!
  • Posted

Take Vitamin D suppliments or any good brand A to Zinc suppliments. They help in supporting lungs. Vitamin D is known to help in lung issues. I take Cen**um(A to Zinc).
    • Posted

Thanks I'll look into those and see how much they are and whether I get them from the shop or via internet if you don't mind where do you purchase yours from?

• Posted

If you are in US, you can find them at any grocery store in the health and suppliment section. I assume it would be the same at any other place as well.
  • Posted

Hi there.

Do you live in the U.K. please as I've never heard of this register? Would be very interested to know as I would be very keen to get on it as I am a brittle asthmatic.

If you're in the U.K and in the south east, I am on a drug called Xolair that has changed my life.

Let me know and I'll give you further details.

Thanks, Liz

• Posted

Yes I live in Shropshire and it's something that is done at our practice however I know it's a national thing as my wife first noticed it advertises on the waiting room wall. I have to go for an annual checkup during my birth month. I'm sorry I can't remember what it's called but your GP surgery would know 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.