At last it is working

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 7weeks of methotrexate and one dose increase it is starting to work.My shoulders are starting to improve and my thighs are a bit better.Only problem is my knees;despite losing nearly a stone of prednisolone weight gain (still quite a bit to go)they are suddenly a nightmare when trying to stand up as the pain is excruciating even with analgesics.Good news ESR is down to 30 and CRP 6.Will mention my knees to rheumatology nurse.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is for Eileen,

I haven't been on for awhile. Just trying to adjust.

But I have known I had PMR and in June rhuemy sent one blood test out of the state of  Ohio USA . About the middle of July he said I tested positive for Systematic Lupus!!!  Not to go home and look up things as it would only scare me and I don't have it that bad. I have been on prednisone since

beginning of July, and he said stay on it but right away every two weeks go down a half a pill.

i was on 15mg and now down to 5  and was fine but the old weather is here and my joints and ands are bad so I upped pred. to 71/2 mg a day.

i seen him two weeks ago and he said you don't have Lupus because you don't have symposiums. Just clinically you show it

My SED this time was 41

CFactor 1.02

both high.but nothing like in June

Have you  heard of anyone having PMR and Lupus ? 

• Posted

No reason why not - they are both autoimmune disorders. I have my own theory - that autoimmune disorders are like a long long shelf of symptoms and you get handed out a selection. The label you get depends on which show up day by day. They can all overlap to some extent and it is all very confusing. Some diagnoses depend on blood tests, some depend on the clinical signs and symptoms. What matters is what makes you feel better.

With a SED that high I'd suggest you might need a bit more pred.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.