At last l am getting 2nd hip replacement

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am happy today as just had pre-op everything seemed to go great. My op is booked in for 8am on monday.

That will be me had both hips replaced and be painfree within a 6 month period. I get to have my life back!!! After the recovery from this that shd be 5 to 6 months and l will be back at work pain free and able to live my life. I have been stuck indoors from november lost contact with all the outside world and lost confidence. Now l feel ready to do this. There is a light at the end of tunnel. Hopefully l will be able to book a holiday soon to.

Thanks to this forum it has got me thriugh hard times and l have made a really good friend from it too. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Everyone has been so supportive. Xx

6 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Great news Lors, not long to wait either.Β 

Best of luck for Monday, looking forward to your first post as a double hippie!

Linnet x

• Posted

Wishing you the best!! This experience is quite difficult, but I'm grateful for my pain free hip now. Keep us updated. 😊
  • Posted

That's great news! Good luck for Monday.

Wish you all the best for the op and a speedy recovery. You will not regret it.

Im 16 days in and doing great. X

• Posted

That is brilliant news. And only a few days to go - that is impressive.

Best of luck!

Michael xΒ 

• Posted

Ohh, Lors, I am going to be your hip buddy. I am in on Friday and also on hip #2.

See you on the other side!

• Posted

Bless you what a great attitude! So pleased for you and soon you are going to be completely done!!!!

You do lose confidence with too much time at home, but not for much longer!! We are all here for your second one, and wishing for you the very best x

• Posted

Hi Lors

that is great news. I wish you luck and hope all goes well for you

Hailea x

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for there lovely messages and good luck kate for friday too xx
  • Posted

Hi Laura,Β 

The wait is over !!! Β 

Just as a reminder, try to NOT compare the 2 surgeries ... I did, of course, and from my experience, it is different .... One thing that is the same is : NO OA PAIN anymore in either hip !!

Angel blessing s

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.