Atorvostatin and body feeling hot at night

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I take Atorvostatin 20 mg at night and my body feels really hot at night while I am sleeping. I have also seen the same symptom as mentioned by another post of my glucose level slowly seeping up over the threshold over the past few years. I read through all the posts about the glucose level increase. I haven't heard anything about the body feeling hot. My family herediterally has high Cholesterol.

TIA,

Vijay

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vijay...yes ive had that symtoms. .the body hot and night sweats...it's all encluded in the symtoms I mentioned...I also went into chemist yesterday and mentioned to pharmacy that I had real bad knees and mentioned other side affects...she said I was the second person that day to complain about symtoms ...maybe mention it to doc...I have taken it upon myself not to take them anymore my body my choice but I would have a word with doctor before making any decisions ..hope all gets better for you.regards Carol

• Posted

Hi Vijay,

I was on same dose and had night sweats sometimes and cold chills other. I was only on it about 6 months because I had memory loss, confusion, headaches, vision issues and vertigo. I quit taking them. If you see any of these side effects creep up on you, stop taking them and switch meds. Or get off them and try other methods to reduce cholesterol.

Scott

• Posted

Me too,i had very wierd chills up and down my spine,plus about 14 other symptoms,i also quit.
  • Posted

Hi Vijay,

I was on same dose and had night sweats sometimes and chills other times. I believe it was the statin. I also developed memory loss, vertigo, muscle aches and vision problems after being on it 6 to 7 weeks. Keep an eye on those symptoms and if they creep up on you call the Dr's immediately and have them change your script or reduce the dosage. I continued taking them for 6 months and finally quit. I'm three months removed and still have some mild side effects, mostly vertigo..

Scott

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.