Atrial fib

Posted , 4 users are following.

Erratic heart beats afib

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you asking if all erratic heartbeats are afib? If so then no. There are many different types of abnormal heartbeats and a lot are benign.
    • Posted

Hi Netminder..no I wasn't  asking that I was just saying that I was diagnosed with atrial fib a year and a half ago it lasted a couple hours I went to the ER they diagnosed it as being atrial fib I haven't had one since just the on and off erratic heart beats lasting 3-4 minutes but the PVCs packs and skip beats sometimes for 3-4 hours but never a fast heart rate never passed 95.I  i'm really just fed up with all this disrupts my life it dictates my day . I think I find comfort in this chat with other people knowing I'm not alone in this evil thing called atrial fib arrhythmias whatever you want to call it a disruption of the beat of my heart if you well And it's just really nice to vent with other people that have the same issue thank you for that

• Posted

No problem. I've found comfort reading others stories and realizing it can be quite common. I just suffer from ectopic beats , at least that's what my gp says. I get like a sudden drop feeling in my chest and it takes my breath away for a second. It kind of feels like my heart flipped. My heart never races from it though and usually my heart rate is in the 50-60's.

• Posted

I don't know your age Netminder but mine started out like yours..ectopic beats..and progressed to what it is today..have you been to a cardiologist?

• Posted

I started having problems in 1985 and it was  The run-of-the-mill epitopic beats and  PVCs and PACs sometime they would last for days but my GP always said they're not life-threatening and then when I demanded to see a cardiologist  and I have war four or five different monitors that can't catch the atrial fib just the others that I have mentioned above so I feel like nobody is taking me serious or listening to me because they can't catch it on the monitors

• Posted

Hi, I experience similar symptoms to you. I have been trying to cope with ectopics for 2 years. I've had all the tests done but on the waiting list for an echo. The results from the holter monitor have detected lots and lots of ectopics. Recently they feel more fluttery and like you said they sometimes feel like my heart has leaped. It can sometimes feel like I have a butterfly in my throat for a few seconds. The cardiologist I saw told me to keep living my life as I have been. I enjoy running and i still run but always get nervous in case my heart can't cope with the strain. Sometimes at the end of a run I will feel a few ectopics but usually I'm ok during the run. I don't take any medication as I'm looking to start a family. The ectopic beats never get any easier to live with but I do t have any other choice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.