Atrial fib

Posted , 4 users are following.

I would love to find a herb or supplement to work for afib .has anyone tried something that works..this afib is a horrible thing it really puts your stress into high gear

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diana,

I have been reading good things about Hawthorn as a natural herb that may possibly assist with AF.

Good luck!

Nigel

• Posted

The only thing(s) that worked for me - and I no longer have afib - is to focus on food intolerances, food/drink trigges and the gut. Everyone is diffrent so you'll have to make your self a unique project as you figure things out for yourself.

Frank

• Posted

Hi Frank and Diana. I have just had a hair root analysis which pinpointed my food intolerances and deficiences in the body. I seem to be having less af since avoiding those foods one of which is wheat.
    • Posted

Yeah - wheat is on my list, but in moderation. Even though I am in the USA, my genetic roots are from long ago in the Northern European areas and, from what I have read, people from the furthest away from our African origins have the greatest wheat-related intolerances.

That said, it is extra difficult to nail down the exact list because sometimes it is a mix of different things in combination that will cause af problems.  For me, wheat is borderline but when I eat sausage with it, all hell breaks out, whereas alone wheat is tolerable to a degree and I never had a problem with sausage when eaten without wheat.

That is why I said earlier that one has to figure it out for themselves; you'll never get a healthcare professional to go through that laborious process.

Frank

• Posted

That is where the hair root analysis has been great as there were things on there l would never have worked out for myself like sunflower oil. I had tests with an allergist about 4 years ago before l got af and he couldn't pin point anything. My symptom was itching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.