Atrophic vaginitis - Relief at last!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies

Thought I would share my latest attempt to ease the symptoms of AV.  I stumbled upon an American website where a Gynae Doctor recommended using Vitamin E oil.  I bought some Vitamin E capsules and did as he suggested and inserted one into my Vagina daily as well as puncturing another capsule with a pin and  squeezing the oil out and rubbing it around the opening of my vagina.  After 5 days of doing this I finally started to get relief and 2 weeks on I am still using it and feel great.  I am still using Vagifem twice a week also.  Give the Vitamin E oil a go ladies.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

5 likes, 81 replies

81 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi gwen76896, Thank you so much for your post! I have been feeling rough with Vaginal Atrophy since July last year! Absolutely sick of it. I'm sore now as I sit here, almost crying! First started using GYNEST cream for 3 months but that didn't work so I saw doctor again and she gave me Vagifem instead. There has only been minor improvement. I am due to see the doc about it again next week. So I was really relieved to see your post about the vitamin E oil capsules. I am really glad they work for you. Which ones do you use? Isn't it difficult inserting them at first when you are so sore? God knows, I just want this soreness to go away and also the feeling that I want to wee all the time, even when I have just been. Really got me down, I can tell you. Right I'm looking for those capsules when I am next in town. Thanks again. :-)
  • Posted

Yes I too successfully use vit E capsule

On the outside but have never inserted. Do they just dissolve?

Not sure where to buy the oil?

• Posted

Hi Sus and all you other ladies waiting my reply.

I use Boots own brand of Vitamin E.  They are in a grey tub with pink label and white writing on it.  they are Boots Beauty Vitamin E 400 iu (90 capsules).  I use one a day inside my Vagina (in the morning).  It is just like inserting a tampon only much much smaller.  Once inserted I never see it again so I assume it just dissolves.  I do wear a panty liner for a few hours after insertion as some of it does appear on my panties otherwise as it dissolves.  As I said in my earlier post I also smear the oil from another capsule on both sides of my outer vagina as well as around the opening to my vagina.  Hope this is enough info for everyone and good luck to you all.

• Posted

Hi Gwen

Thanks for your post.

How do they dissolve inside , I too have have had AV for approx 2 years and use Vagifem 1 or 2 times a week but still suffer from soreness like sandpaper inside and out. This takes over your life as all you think about when you get up is how bad will it be today.

Ive been back and forth to the doctors some many times now I cant remember brought all different creams and potions costing a fortune with nothing realy helping or getting the feel to go.

Where do you buy the capsules from do you have a make and size and I will give this a try.

There must be so many ladies out there suffering from this you would of thought by now they would of found a cure for it , there must be answer somewhere just need it to be found.

Good luck everyone.

Sandra

• Posted

Hi Sandra, I was wondering that myself, how do they dissolve inside and release the oil. I was looking at some Vitamin E Oil capsules on Holland and Barrett website last night after replying to Gwen's message. Evidently, the ones I was looking at anyway, come in 4 different "Strengths" if that's the right word. The weakest being the cheapest. But I will wait first till Gwen comes back and gives us more details about what she has been using. The other thing is, is it one a day or what. This has really got on my nerves. It puts me off going anywhere or doing anything but I force myself out a couple of times a week. It's been made harder for me as I had an hip replacement not long ago too. Nights are bad sitting as I can't get comfortable sitting. Like you say, all you think about when you get up, is how bad will it be. Absolutely sick of it Sandra and Gwen. Fingers crossed the Vitamin E Oil helps us. Good Luck. Shirley
    • Posted

I too am waiting to see what Gwen says, however I have successfully used vitamin E tablets which you buy in any store and pierce them open to get the oil which I successfully use on the outside of my vagina.
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment Sus28. I'm glad you have had success with Vitamin E Oil Capsules, outside anyway. Will any do? Or is it better if they are the more expensive ones? Hopefully Gwen will be back soon. Thankfully Tesco is only a few minutes drive away so hopefully if she comes back today with the info, I will go get some capsules today. Something has got to work!! Shirley
    • Posted

Ok Shirley I think they will be fine. I go to wilko and they will be just the same strength I think.
    • Posted

Thanks for that Sus28. We have a Wilco here in town too though Tesco is nearer. I notice by the way when I scroll down this page I am on now, there is an advert for Vitamin E. Capsules! Bulk Vitamin E Capsules it says.
    • Posted

Oh that's strange Sus28. Its still there below all the posts on this page!
    • Posted

Hi Shirley and all you other ladies waiting my reply.

I use Boots own brand of Vitamin E.  They are in a grey tub with pink label and white writing on it.  they are Boots Beauty Vitamin E 400 iu (90 capsules).  I use one a day inside my Vagina (in the morning).  It is just like inserting a tampon only much much smaller.  Once inserted I never see it again so I assume it just dissolves.  I do wear a panty liner for a few hours after insertion as some of it does appear on my panties otherwise as it dissolves.  As I said in my earlier post I also smear the oil from another capsule on both sides of my outer vagina as well as around the opening to my vagina.  Hope this is enough info for everyone and good luck to you all.

• Posted

Sorry Shirley, forgot to say that I pierce a capsule and smear it around my vagina every time a use the loo.  I keep a little container in my handbag with a supply of capsules and a safety pin in it.
    • Posted

The wilko capsules are 400 strength . They are in a tub of 30.

Think they are £2:69 or 2:75

• Posted

Hi Gwen, Many thanks for getting back to us about the capsules. Much appreciated. I will go and get some tomorrow. Just one thing though. Did you mention them to your Doctor first before you started using them? I am still using Vagifem tablets twice a week you see, though having said that, I've only got about 8 left. I wear panty liners anyway because of leaking a little bit. Must do like you and keep a supply of capsules in a little container in my handbag. That's good advice too. Do you think that one day we will be able to stop using the capsules or is this permanent?! Many thanks again. Shirley :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.