Attendance alowance

Posted , 3 users are following.

Because of my poor mobility I was today advised by an acquaintance to apply for an attendance allowance . Has anyone else done this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had thought of it. I had got it for both my mother and father in the past. I decided that I probably would fail as my PMR should not be for life. There is no harm in giving it a go though.
    • Posted

Thank-you . The person I spoke with works for the local social work department. His advice came out of the blue! He could see my struggle.

I suppose it could be stopped when there is improvement.

• Posted

If you do decide to do this you should go to Citizens Advice for help in completing the form. I am an advisor at Citizens Advice and clients always underplay their problems. Go to the cit A website which is excellent and very user friendly.

• Posted

Thank-you . The gentleman also suggested that I should do that

kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.