awaiting olp diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

After visiting my dentist back in february, he said he thought i had OLP and referred me to my local hospital maxilofacial clinic for further checks. Yesterday i underwent two biospsies on the inside of my left cheek as i also get occasional blisters popping up. I am currently waiting for the swelling to subside (i look like i have been in a fight) so that i can eat properly. I have been told the results will not be available until the end of june. Is this normal? Seems like a long time to wait.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think I only had to wait a week.  6 weeks seems a bit excessive.
  • Posted

Yes, but maybe they are testing for other autoimmune conditions? I think got my results in about 2 weeks.
  • Posted

I guess the wait depends of who your provider or insurance is.  I am in California and i Think I had to,wait about a week before getting my results online.  Also, i did not have any swelling or pain following the biopsy.  It was just a very minor procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.