awake at 2am

Posted , 6 users are following.

So here we are again wide awake, it was back ache and muscle ache that woke me, I have taken some paracetamol to ease it, didn't want to have anything stronger trying to stay away from crocodile as I have been using it more to help me sleep than a pain killer if the para doesn't,work then I have a codeine I can take to also help.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

morning Marilyn ... hopefully the paracetamol helped you get some zzz's ... it is a toss up, isn't it - paracetamol or codeine ... especially when pain is keeping you awake ... wishing you a good day - there is nothing wrong with you - just part of the journey we are on right now .... be gentle withyour self and know that all is well ...

big hug

renee

• Posted

Good morning hun yes helped a bit I know what did it, I was sat at the computer last night and had my body side ways so when I can get the 2nd bedroom sorted, Graham will move my computer back there, because at the moment we share what is suppose to be our dining room and where Graham has his computer and all his video and music equipment all set up. I used to use the 2nd bedroom but when Liz came back home he had to move my computer so she had her own room sorry to take age to explain lol and it is no longer a bedroom more like a storage room it houses all my knitting wool and cross stitch plus the pinball machine he got going and a slot machine both which we will put back on e bay or gum tree,
    • Posted

sounds like great home !!!!   especially intrigued by the slot machine ....

have a great day marilyn - 

• Posted

It's is one of the big ones that you get in pubs Graham got it me 2 years ago as surprise birthday present he said it was also a fun way to save money the grand daughter's used to like playing with it and each time they won a couple of pounds we used to let them keep some lol
  • Posted

Crocodile---- haven't heard of that one or is it predictive text. Isn't it great to have the forum to message at 2am when everyone else is asleeep. Are you getting the very hot weather.
    • Posted

Could it be cocodaml?  My phone does weird things lioke that biggrin
    • Posted

Oh so does mine.still a nice bit of crocodile---- sounds good likeca shot.
  • Posted

Yes it is only not even 10 am and already about 26c I know east Anglia or Norfolk is going to get it really hot today we are by the coast but in land can go up 32c , I tried to walk the dog this morning she wouldn't try to walk too hot so she can make do with the garden we have a greyhound so don't need a lot of walks they are lazy breed except when racing
  • Posted

Hi Marilyn

Night times are so difficult aren't they?

i seem to sleep in blocks of 1.5 and 2 hrs then awake for couple of hours then sleep again

Seems to be a fairly universal thing amongst us hippies

My back tends to wake me up rather than hip pain - think it's sleeping on my back that does it. I take 2 high dose co codamol at bedtime

I just go with the flow and don't let it bother me - plenty of TV and good books to read and hot chocolate and biscuits of course!

Must say when I do sleep, sleep quality is better now

3 weeks post op and feeling a little better each day

Hope you are feeling better too

Kind wishes Linda

regards Linda

• Posted

I found the codeine helped me sleep. At nine weeks I've weaned myself off the 30 mg codeine tablets and am down to 2 cocodamol a night - that's 16 mg. Next i'm going to go one paracetamol and 1 cocodamol.  Hopefully starting tonight though I've had a few headaches - not sure if its the weather of codeine induced!
  • Posted

Hi Marilyn,

My dr told me difficulty with sleep is #1 complaint with hip replacement. I have been suffering the last few weeks from interrupted sleep and have been exhausted. I have been reading about natural remedies to help and found a few suggestions:  tart cherry juice (1 8 oz glass in morning and evening)--research shows this works because it contains natural melatonin, chamomile and lavender tea, and warm milk with tbsp honey. I had the milk last night--slept soundly for 6.5 hrs. Pure bliss. 

Hope some one of these help (along with staying ahead of pain). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.