Awful pain and appearance after hemorrhoidectomy. Help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey, I'm 17, and I recently got a hemorhoids surgery for internal hemorrhoids and it has been an utter nightmare. I got my procedure done on July 28 and it is is now September 28 and I'm still in freaking hell. I had small inner hemrroihds but now I have a giant lump on the side of my anus and my entire anus protrudes and constantly feels wet. This is awful. I told my surgeon about this and he told me to just wait and don't come back since he's done the best he could. This is a hefty price to pay for getting two tiny internal hemorrhoids removed. I just want to die, I'm only 17 and this feels like the end. My underwear is constantly wet and I'm in constant pain. Will my anus go back to normal or am I going to have to opt for a stoma eventually? It's absolutely awful. On one hand I'm filling out college applications and on the other hand I'm dying every damn day. Worst mistake. Thank you to anyone who replies.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh you poor thing, what a nightmare you are going through.

please, please, go and see your doctor and ask to be referred to a different consultant.

This is clearly not right. It sounds like you have a prolapsed rectum.

Don't put up with this treatment, demand answers.

Is there a relative who can go with you for support?.

Please don't wait any longer, this is no life for at your age.

Sending you hope and best wishes.x.

• Posted

I am so sorry for this horrible experience. Clearly something is wrong !! You need to do a bit of research and find a very good colorectal surgeon to give you a good exam!! Please don't wait find one today and get it looked at

• Posted

Hi raj63801,

Im really sorry for what you are going through....i know the pain....i had a chronic anal fissure when i was 17. Cant talk to anyone about the issue because its not something that people talk about. Being in pain and discomfort everyday and feeling like theres no way out....probably reading scary posts online of people who deal with this for a while.

Id go back to your doctor....as bad as it seems...modern medicine is great....your doctor mighr just be a bad one....do your own research online and try to get an appointment with a good colorectal surgeon.

Keep hanging in there buddy...post back or message me and let me know how it goes.

Just to give you hope...i had a sphincteronmy surgery when I was 17 to fix my anal fissure....suffered for a while before that....today, i am pain free....hang in there buddy...best of luck!!!!

• Posted

Get a second opinion ASAP.

In the meantime do sitz bath soaks 5 times a day and use witch hazel pads.

• Posted

Raj you definitely need to go see your go.

I just had a haemorrhoidectomy and I don't have the symptoms you have. I am still leaking after 10 days but it's a very small amount. I have a lump too and unfortunately I think that comes with the surgery. I am in some pain but not unbearable so you definitely need to go see your gp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.