Azathioprine

Posted , 3 users are following.

my partner has just began to take Azathioprine for Crohns. Has anyone any experience of taking this, either positive or negative, and also how soon will he start to feel better? He has experienced severe fatigue and generally feeling unwell in addition to stomach discomfort. Any comments welcome.

worried woman Kate

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Kate sorry to hear that your partner has crohns. I was on Azathioprine  for my crohns flare up, but, didn't help me just made feel sick. Hope it helps him. 
    • Posted

Hi Kate, I am going to be put on a new drug it might help with my flare up.I don't know yet what it is called.
  • Posted

I've been on azathioprine for 20 years and it has worked wonders. As it is classed as an old style medication it takes approx 3 months for it to start working, which is a lot slower than the newer meds.

I hope this brings him relief and puts him in remission as well as it gas done for me.

• Posted

Thanks Stickinsect good to know it worked for you, does take a while to work then? We are going have to be patient. Any bad side effects?

kate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.