B Complex.....issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone....have any of you felt bad after taking a B Complex vitamin? When I started taking them I thought that I felt better but now it seems like everytime I take them I have a rough day. I noticed this morning that after I took them I started feeling really shaking. I read that Some people have had panic attacks and anxiety after taking them. When I got my bloodwork done my B12 was fine.....maybe I dont need the complex just B6.....I dont know. All so confusing.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know. I only tske B12. I would say if its making you feel shsky snd you arent low in it, then dontvtake it for awhile and see if your symptoms subside. I only took b12 becsuse I was very tired, and had bad mood swings. It seemed to help me with some of that.

• Posted

Hi Didi, thank you! I started taking the B complex for mood also but now I feel worse most days ugh! This peri is too much! Im going to stop taking it and see how I do. Have a good day!
  • Posted

Hi becky, I stopped taking slow release B12 as like you they made me feel shaky and also they turned my wee a bright fluorescent yellow and I got scared, I spoke to my Gp and he said I didn't need them as kidneys were flushing them out . Everybody's different and they could be great for some people but not me . If your B12,s ok maybe you don't need them x

• Posted

Thank you Lou I read that b6 would help with mood so I just figured a b complex instead. Guess I should have just got the b6...dont need the others I guess. Might just all be coincidence.....this peri just has me frazzled
    • Posted

I know hun it's all so confusing, im in full meno and it's all trial and error as to what supplements will help us. I got so much help and advice on here from other ladies going through the same thing it helps so much. I think it's just trying different things and seeing which ones work for you  , I have found that glucosamine 1000 really helps with joint pain if that helps x

• Posted

Hi Lou, Thank you for responding. Im going to not take the b complex tomorrow and see how I do. This is rough trying to figure all of this out. Ugh! Take care!
  • Posted

I can take the B-complex and they actually do increase my energy and such.  I took a b2 only since I have been diagnosed with variant migraine?  Felt like CRAP the rest of the day.  Like terrible. Not doing that again lol.
    • Posted

Lol thats a bummer! This trying different things to feel better is tough! Wish we could just be done with this whole mess. Thank you for responding. Have a great day!
  • Posted

Hi beck

I had the same issues with b vits. Made my anxiety worse. In fact any vits upset my stomach and make me nausea.

Just can't win these days x

• Posted

Thank you Michelle....I thought it was only me again. Ugh! Made me very anxious too. Im not going to take them tomorrow and see how I do.How are you? I hope that your day has been a good one.
    • Posted

You can stop a lot of that if you take them with food. In fact you really HAVE to take fat-soluble vits with food, water-soluble, not so much.
  • Posted

Hi Becky,

My parents were vitamin people back in the early 70's, so I continue to take them to this day...I am 61 now.  I have always taken B-12, and B-6, and one day I decided to try the B Complex, and like you I started not feeling well.  I asked my doctor about it, and he told me you really have to be careful with the B complex, and he suggested I stop taking it.   He is aware of all the vitamines I take, and he was always ok with the B-12 and B-6.  So, I got rid of the Complex, and went back to my old stand bys, and I am feeling normal again.  I take B-12 1,000, and B-6 100  I take the B-6 as it supports our liver, I have issues with my liver from medications, and Sjogren's Syndrom, and my Cardiologist swears by it for his patients.  B-12 is just good for our overall health, our immune system, as well as a whole list of other things.  You can google it.  Doctors give themselves B-12 shots when they need a boost...especially those in the ER, that should give you an idea of how good it is!  LOL  Vitamins can be confusing.  I eat a very healthy diet, lots of veggies, and fresh fruit, healthy cuts of meat, lots of chicken and fish, legumes and such...but even then, I just don't have a big hunger.  I rarely ever get a cold, and I can't remember when I had the flu, and my immune system is so very compromised, it is surprising!!  Even my doctors chalk it up to how well I take care of myself, and my vitamines! 

• Posted

Thank you Deidra for responding. ...I think thats what I need to do try taking the separate vitamins.....no complex! I dont eat real healthy so I know that Im missing out on something lol! How are you doing through perimenopause/menopause?
    • Posted

Oh I had a complete hyst at 33...I am now 61, and I have been on HRT since the day of surgery.  My GP wanted me to stop taking them in January, said I didn't need to be on them now...what a living hell that was.  I tried it for 3 months, NO WAY was I going to go through that.  I went back on, and am finally back to normal, and I feel GREAT that way!!  I know women in their 80's that will not go off, and now I know why!  LOL  With all the new information today, and new meds, there is no reason to suffer anymore!  I suffered enough when I was younger, not willing to do it again!  LOL  And my hubbyof 38 years is a happy camper!  I have other health issues, but at least I am not crabby!  LOL

• Posted

Most B complex mixes are like those shampoo/conditioners - they can't do both! Most multivitamins are the same and the ones with minerals are worse - quite dangerous in fact. We don't all need ALL those vits and mins.

I take magnesium with B6 and a separate B3.

• Posted

Your right we dont need all of those things. I dont know why I didnt just get the b6 to begin with. I hope that I dont have the same reaction with those. This trial and error is for the birds! Hope you are having a good day. Thank you for responding

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.