B &W ointment

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was at a natural Dr recently and he stressed how I need to switch off the oils etc I use. (I know others on here say that is good for LS also).

He said after I finish my emuaid, I should switch to another product, and when I start having problems again, go back to emuaid. He wants me to use a product called B&W ointment. This is incredibly good for burns, but I'm afraid to use it in vulva area. It says not to get it on mucous membranes. Ingredient list: honey, lanolin, olive oil, wheat germ oil, marshmallow root, aloe Vera gel, wormwood, comfrey root, white oak bark, lobelia inflata, vegetable glycerin, bees wax, myrrh Any thoughts?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am sure it works very well and costs too.  Personally i like organic and pure.

ie: coconut oil 

• Posted

Thank you! It's actually quite inexpensive. 4 oz for about $14 if I remember correctly!
  • Posted

Hi sandra...never heard of B&W ointment....My thoughts are it contains everything but the kitchen sink!

Not sure what you intend to do with it sandra but I would say mucous membranes would infer internal moist membranes.

So for the external vulva area you should be ok but not the internal vagina.

Mind you, I seem to think somewhere in the Dermovate instructions it says do not use in genital area......and withLS where are we instructed to use Dermovate...it can be a bit contradictory sometimes.

• Posted

I was just concerned about accidentally getting it on mucous membranes. But I definitely would be aiming for outer genitals and anal area.
  • Posted

Hi Sandra

i personally don't use anything but the steroid cream, Aveeno moisturiser and Acqueous ointment to seal the deal and act as barrier. I think if the oil was working for you stick with it, if it wasn't then worth trying Aveeno as it is recommended by gynies and dermatologists. You know what works for you better than him. Gey the mirror out daily and have a look at what's happening to your girly bits, if it's stable or improving, keep doing what your doing i say.

All the best

• Posted

I think mixing it up is working a treat. I could just be going through a great cycle and I hate saying it as I so don't want to jinx myself. I have never heard of B and W but it certainly covers a few ingredients - all of which sound good. I'd give it a go. 
    • Posted

Thanks! I think I will try it. Will post if I find it helpful
  • Posted

Everything but the lanolin sounds good. I have a sensitivity. I'm always concerned about wool and lanolin.
    • Posted

I didn't even know what lanolin is, so researched it after reading your comment. I am sensitive to wool... So this could be an issue too?? Might cautiously apply to a small area and make sure I don't react the same way I do to wool. (Itchiness). I sure don't need more itching than I already deal with!
    • Posted

I knit with superwash wool, but I don't push my luck and handle ordinary untreated wool very much. My eyes started swelling shut when I was shuffling a bunch of handwoven scraps on a table. I can wear a big scratchy wool sweater as long as there's cotton between it and me. Lanolin rubbed into my skin just seems like asking for trouble.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.