B12 Shots

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have rheumatoid arthritis for about 15 years . I'm on methotrexate however the pains are still there muscle pain joint pain and someone told me to get B 12 shots. Has any one experienced any benefit from them?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

First of all you need your levels checked. Unless you have a problem most people get enough B vitamins from a good diet. I know there is one person on the forums who is obviously convinced that everyone is B12 deficient and tells them to get their B12 - it really isn't that common!

• Posted

A simple blood test will indicate your b-12 level. See your doctor about this. My doctor found my vitamin d level to be deficient. He put me on prescription-strength vitamin d followed by generic vitamin d. It worked, but I would not have done it just on the advice of a friend. I understand your concern, but you should consult your knowledgeable doctor. I wish you relief from your pain.

best wishes,

tim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.