Baby has hypopladtic left heart syndrome, don't know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya I am 23 weeks pregnant and at my 20 week scan I was told my baby girl has hypoplastic left heart syndrome, I have three options terminate the pregnancy (which I don't want to do really) carry on and let them operate on her with out knowing if she will make it to the first op or carry on and let nature take its course.

I think at the moment we will carry on and put our faith in the medical system. But we are scare by all the possibilities and don't really know what to do.

Any one had the same diagnosis?

We go back on Thursday to see if they are able to tell us her survival rates etc

Tia

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh my - I am just so, so sorry for you over this :-( - I know it might not mean much, coming from someone you don't know all the way in the U.S. in the state of Missouri, but I really do care, and am praying for you.  I would strongly suggest that you research this as much as you can yourself, especially online, in addition to, of course, the info you are receiving from the medical professionals.  Kindly let me know how Thursday goes for you - I will see if I can find anything on this for you from my end, sites/people  you can reserach on in the States.  With a hug, Jonna Statt

• Posted

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. I have googled my search history reads like a medical directory! I'm fortunate to have a friend on the neonatal ward at a hospital by me and she ha given me some advice and reassurance.

Thank you again.

• Posted

Little Hearts looks like a wonderful spot for encouragement that you can look for online. It should show up for you and is a reputable organization.
    • Posted

Thank you, the hospital provided me with lots of info from them thank u for your help xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.