back and groin pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

​When I had the above pain I thought I might have had kidney stones but I was at the hospitai and had the useual tests urine,and blood, and xray and no hernia  so I am being sent for an scan sometime,   when is unknown its a case  of join the queue so I was wondering if anybody on the site has had the same problem

​​​It started with with chronic  pain in the lumber area of the back for two days then moved to my groin        The wierd part is the pain drops completely when I sit down then starts again after 10 min of walking around

​                                     Any help wouid be much appreciated  

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex. I have something similar. I've two slipped discs and my spine a little scoliosis which makes me lean to the right. Past few months I've had pain at times only on the left side of my groin. In my case it's thought that it's due to the strain/pinching on nerves which is connected too this area which is causing it. I'm currently awaiting disc surgery which they think will release all this and take the pressure/twisting off it. For myself I've used like a gel ice pack and seems to calm it down a bit though a good tip is too put a thick towel/cloth between your delicate bits and the ice pack lol. It does seem to help at times with myself. Hope you get sorted out soon enough. 👍

• Posted

When my back pain started it was in my piriformis muscle which is in the butt cheek. I got a trigger point injection there and within a month my piriformis muscle stop hurting and my pain was in my lower back. That is where my pain has remained for the last 10 years. It is possible that what you're feeling is radiating pain from your lower back. I don't have any suggestions for you on how to control the pain just an idea of where that pain could be coming from. Good luck on this situation.

• Posted

Hi

​    Thanks for replying. Mine started at my  lumber area and moved to my groin 10 years is a lot of time pal and I wish you all the best take care

• Posted

Hi!

It sounds either like a pinched nerve or maybe sciatica. Ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist or an orthopedic surgeon. They should be able to properly diagnos your problem. smile

• Posted

Hi

​   Thanks for your reply   I dont think its sciatica there is no pain running down the back of the leg . They did mention a pressed disk,  even though the pain in the back has gone  the pinched nerve could be part of the problem           Thanks

• Posted

I don't have groin pain, but I do have Lower Back Pain and Leg Pain when I stand and walk for more than a few minutes...I'm 72 years old, have curvature of my spine, and have degenerative discs...Back operations tend to be Less Than 60% successful...Thus, there appears little I can do...

• Posted

Hi

?     Thanks for replying  You seem to have a lot more problem's than I do I wish you all the best take care

• Posted

Any urinary symptoms? The pain is similar in some ways to BPH or prostatitis.
    • Posted

Hi

​     Thanks for replying.  They did a urine test and like  the one I got from my Gp it was clear    and there is no pain when I go to the toilet

​But thanks again for your reply I guess I will just have wait until I get a date for my scan and see what fun it shows up

• Posted

I asked as when I had lower back pain many years ago. I went to see a new GP and he suggested I might be from my prostate and did a DRE and found that my prostate was enlarged and referred me to a urologist. I was most impressed by his diagnosis.

Now I have lower back pain again and a numb foot that after 18 months, X-Ray, CT Scan and MRI have not found a reason for.

• Posted

It can still be sciatica. Sciatica doesn't always run down the leg, sometimes it just runs down to the bottom of the butt. Sometimes it's across the back or around the front. It just depends on the nerve damage.

• Posted

Hi Alex

When you sit you stretch out your spine and that in turn relieves the pressure on a nerve that innervates the groin.

Perhaps you might lie on the floor and elevate your knee until the pain ceases. Placing a flat gel pack, frozen of course, beneath your lumbar soine will help bring the inflammation down...at least 30 minutes.

You may also consider acetaminophen 500 mg taken no closer than 6 hours.

kind regards

,judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.