Back Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been experiencing some extremely sharp stabbing pains on both sides of my rear back just below the last rib around the hips. I cant sit when I stand and vice versa. Same when lying down and trying to stand up or sit. Once  get into a painless comfy position to sleep I have to be very cautious not to move as the pain is really killing.

Sometimes I feel the pain even when I take a deep breadth or sigh without even moving. Coughing, sneezing are totally unmanageable.

Should I see a GP, Otho, or Urologist?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You shuld go to emergency and insist on an MRI and they will send you to the correct doctor. Could be so many different things.
  • Posted

I agree with Debra, if you are in so much pain you need to go to A & E immediately. You cannot refer yourself to orthopaedics or urologists as you can only be referred by your GP, considering you appear to be in so much pain you cannot breathe deeply, sit, stand or sleep you need to see someone quickly.

please let us know how you get on, love and prayers, Joanne

• Posted

I would hope by now that you've been to get medical advice other than a forum posting....?

i am thinking lungs..?   Or difficult breathing can come from Plueresy? (Spelling could be wrong.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.