BACK PAIN

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

Although i have fibro and have constant pain for the last couple of weeks have had really bad back pain, from my lower back to the middle, taking the usual pain killers, and dont no what else the GP can give me as i have co-codomyl, tramadol, gapamentin, do any body else get these back pains, is it common with the fibro

Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes awful back pain by mine is under control by longtec 10mg in morning and again every 12 hours, amazing takes the pain away! Wonder drug! Morphine based but works on me, i have big dymphathy for you as i know how bad it is, ask you doctor, i sm also on gabapentin 1200mg in morning 1200 at lunchtime and 1500 at night time and still dont sleep!! Hopes this helps lindsey
  • Posted

Hi lindsey65522.

I too live with constant lower back pain, but mine has been connected with the ibs that I suffer with. I changed my tablets to tapentadol which I found better than gabapentin as I gained weight. Which didn't help my back at all. I'm sorry your in pain and hope you feel much better soon x

• Posted

Always get new pains checked out. I know I say this a lot but not all pain is fibro and I say this from experience abd drs sadly once you say you think you have gibro or you are diagnosed with fibro they then put everything fown to its in your head or its fibro. 7 years i complained of hip and leg pain only to finally get a mri to find i have an ischofermal impingement. Hope you get to the cause of your pain
    • Posted

Lol sorry for the typos but i am guessing you know what i meant to type
  • Posted

Hi lindsey65522 I am in pain constantly with my back I get it in my lower back, middle back and sometimes top of my back. Im unable to take painrelief due to allergic to opoids. EorcHz!�%qy� tches off the dr to put on your back to help with the pain, unfortunatly I had severe reaction to them but we are all different what works for one doesnt for another. also you could ask your gp about morphine. I had mri on my back because of the severe pain Im in. The mri showed arthritus in my lower back and in my neck. dr told the back pain was caused by fibro. I would see your gp to see what else they can offer you. take care
  • Posted

For me it definily is. It was one of my most prominant symptoms. Unfortunaly it took about two years to be diagnosed correctly but now I am and I still struggle with pain. I am on Endep10 and Lyrica at the moment.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.