Back pain is it related to infliximab

Posted , 3 users are following.

Diagnosed with crohn's in 2008. Very unwell for many years. Tried different meds but untolerated/ no difference.

Occasional back pain but nothing like since i started infliximab about 6 months ago. Consultant requested a break for few weeks to see if pain subsides- not a lot of difference.

Had another infusion this week, constant pain in the back, worse at night, broken sleep due to pain.

I just wondered if anyone has similar experience being on infliximab infusion.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, It sounds like it could be a side effect of the drug. I might get put on for my crohns flare up if the humria injections don't work.
  • Posted

Yes it's the remicade. Be checked for antibodies to the remicade if you have like I did it's not working. Was very sick after fifth infusion. Now on enytivio.

backache went away overnight!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have now stopped Infliximab infusion and the back pain is getting some relief.

My gastro team are thinking of Humira as the next step but am not yet decided.

All the best to you both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.